[ANN] Ruby/ActiveLDAP 0.1.1

Will Drewry

Hi!

I'm proud to announce the alpha release of Ruby/ActiveLDAP.

Details and downloads can be found at -

http://projects.dataspill.org/libraries/ruby/activeldap

=== What is Ruby/ActiveLDAP?

Ruby/ActiveLDAP is a library, inspired by ActiveRecord, with the purpose
of providing an object oriented mapping of LDAP objects to Ruby objects.
Often, interfacing with LDAP is a tedious and interrupting process. It rarely
follows the normal flow of your application, and almost always requires
referencing the Ruby/LDAP examples, or playing in irb, to get the desired
output.

Ruby/ActiveLDAP aims to make interaction with LDAP as intuitive as possible.

=== Features

Currently implemented:
- SSL/TLS and unencrypted LDAP connections
- Simple and anonymous binding
- Automagic schema parsing resulting in dynamic methods
- has_many and belongs_to paradigm
- Easy extension with dynamic or statically defined classes
- Many simple examples

Planned:
- SASL/GSSAPI support. (It is currently spotty.)
- API clean up and finalization
- Using log4r instead of printf
- More complete examples
- Setup on rubyforge
- Any feature requests from this announcement!

=== Status

Ruby/ActiveLDAP is ready for use, but the API may still undergo some
minor changes and enhancements. I would really like feedback from
live testing. Patches, suggestions, and criticism are desired.

Thanks for your attention -
will