[ANN] ruby bounties update

Roger Pack

I am pleased to announce that the Nokogiri pure-Java version for JRuby
bounty was completed recently. Congrats to those that worked on
it and hope to see its continued maintenance.

Recently completed:

* patch rubygems to hint on mispellation.
* method inliner for ruby
* GC getters and setters
* elegant ruby pre-processor
* ruby wrapper for Boost regexes

Thanks to all who worked and/or paid for all of these.

There are several bounties for the taking if anybody is interested:
http://wiki.github.com/rdp/ruby_bounties/ruby-bounties

The list is as follows:

* MRI half threaded or Boehm GC
$350
* 2K blocks sizes for 1.8.6
$75
* Update the hanna template
$35
* update core rdoc's
$100
* run mod_rails with jruby/rubinius
$100 each
* fix jruby's rails slowdown
$50
* Redcar plugin (debugger)
$125
* Create WebMe templates
$10
* java inliner for MRI
$45
* Ruby "Pyrex"
$100
* Ruby pre-processor
$100
* ruby -> duby translator
$300
* endless ruby
$50
* Python multiprocess-like library for Ruby
$200
* ffi win32console
$75
* inline-eat method parameters
$100
* __DIR__ for 1.9.3
$50
* irb replacement
$100
* ruby libevent wrapper
$100
* super sped-up version of rails
$750
* A ruby wrapper to the libevent HTTP driver.
$150
* A python-like loader for Ruby.
$150

Feel free to add your own to the list:
http://wiki.github.com/rdp/ruby_bounties/ruby-bounties

Also feel free to let me know if any of these items has been completed
else-wise by someone.
Thanks!
-roger

Caleb Clausen

* __DIR__ for 1.9.3
$50

I wrote a __DIR__ macro as one of the examples in RubyMacros. Idunno
if that's what you really have in mind. See
http://github.com/coatl/rubymacros/blob/master/example/__dir__.rb

It expands __DIR__ to File.dirname(__FILE__). Other drawbacks:

* it requires RubyMacros, with all the slowness that come with that
* RubyMacros isn't compatible with all the new 1.9 constructions
(tho some will work)

There's also the method implementation which uses caller (as you know,
since you were one of the people who came up with it).

Are these implementations not to your taste? If not, why so?

I might be able to knock down some other of your bounties as well.

Roger Pack

It expands __DIR__ to File.dirname(__FILE__). Other drawbacks:
Are these implementations not to your taste? If not, why so?

Sure works for me :) e-mail me.
I might be able to knock down some other of your bounties as well.

Go for it--several have already been knocked off by your previous work,
some before I added them "oh yeah Caleb already did something like that"