[ANN] Ruby/DBI 0.1.0: Not Dead Yet

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Francis Hwang, Feb 18, 2006.

  1. After a long, deep slumber of more than 18 months, Ruby/DBI awakens and
    lumbers forward into the countryside. Rise, Ruby/DBI, rise! Strike
    terror deep in the hearts of Rubyists everywhere! Ahem.

    http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-dbi/

    Michael Neumann has handed off the reins to Daniel Berger, Kirk Haines,
    Patrick May, and myself. This first release is fairly modest, cleaning
    up a few small bugs and doing lots of behind-the-scenese
    reorganization.

    Please note that 0.1.0 is only a development release, the first of
    hopefully many as we move towards a bug-free production release. 0.1.0
    may contain new and differently irritating bugs than the previous
    release, 0.0.23.

    We've got plenty of plans for Ruby-DBI. First and foremost in my mind
    is the need for stupidly easy installation and configuration, a task
    that will require extensive coordination among the scattered tribe of
    Rubyists who have intrepidly written database drivers.

    But first, we have to clean out all those pesky old bugs, and try not
    to create new ones. So if you want to help out, you could download DBI
    0.1.0 and give it a spin, and report bugs.

    Thanks,
    FH

    Francis Hwang, Feb 18, 2006