[ANN] Ruby draft specification

Shugo Maeda

Hello,

The first version of the draft specification of Ruby has been released
at the following site.

http://ruby-std.netlab.jp/

The following is a messsage from Ikuo Nakata, who is the chairman of
the IPA Ruby Standardization WG.

----
Dear Sirs and Madams;

With its excellent descriptiveness, the Ruby language attracts many
programmers, especially in the Web application construction
area. However, the specification of Ruby language has not been
standardized yet.

For wider and more application of Ruby language, "Ruby Standardization
Working Group" has been established under Information-technology
Promotion Agency, Japan (IPA) to define the specification of Ruby
language on Oct. 2008. Since then the WG has been drafting the
specification of Ruby language.

As the first draft of Ruby language specification has just recently
completed, we'd like to request users and developers of Ruby
communities to review it.

By gathering review comments widely from you, we are going to improve
the draft of Ruby language specification further. Then we will propose
the improved draft to Japanese Industrial Standards Committee (JISC)
to be JIS. After JIS for Ruby has been published, we will propose it
to International Standardization Organization (ISO/IEC JTC1) to be
International Standard.

We are looking forward to obtaining many comments from you and to
having active discussion among you and ourselves.

Please send comments by January 12, 2010. We'd like to reflect them in
the draft specification as much as possible before applying
standardization process.

IPA Ruby Standardization WG
Chairman
Ikuo NAKATA

Jörg W Mittag

Shugo said:
The first version of the draft specification of Ruby has been released
at the following site.

| 13.4 Eigenclass

Well, that's settled, then.

jwm

Shugo Maeda

Hi,

2009/12/2 Ryan Davis said:
not really... it is a draft.

Yes, it's just a draft. We can change the term.

The term eigenclass is useful as a placeholder because it's easy to substitute.
If you would like another term, please post a comment at
http://ruby-std.netlab.jp.

Shugo Maeda

Hello,

2009/12/1 Shugo Maeda said:
The first version of the draft specification of Ruby has been released
at the following site.

=A0http://ruby-std.netlab.jp/

A hyperlinked version of the draft specification is now available at the si=
te.
# Thanks, Kenta Murata.
You may have to reload the download page.

--=20
Shugo Maeda

Ryan Davis

Hello,
=20

=20
A hyperlinked version of the draft specification is now available at = the site.
# Thanks, Kenta Murata.
You may have to reload the download page.

beautiful. thank you!