[ANN] Ruby draft specification

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Shugo Maeda, Dec 1, 2009.

  1. Shugo Maeda

    Shugo Maeda Guest

    Hello,

    The first version of the draft specification of Ruby has been released
    at the following site.

    http://ruby-std.netlab.jp/

    The following is a messsage from Ikuo Nakata, who is the chairman of
    the IPA Ruby Standardization WG.

    ----
    Dear Sirs and Madams;

    With its excellent descriptiveness, the Ruby language attracts many
    programmers, especially in the Web application construction
    area. However, the specification of Ruby language has not been
    standardized yet.

    For wider and more application of Ruby language, "Ruby Standardization
    Working Group" has been established under Information-technology
    Promotion Agency, Japan (IPA) to define the specification of Ruby
    language on Oct. 2008. Since then the WG has been drafting the
    specification of Ruby language.

    As the first draft of Ruby language specification has just recently
    completed, we'd like to request users and developers of Ruby
    communities to review it.

    By gathering review comments widely from you, we are going to improve
    the draft of Ruby language specification further. Then we will propose
    the improved draft to Japanese Industrial Standards Committee (JISC)
    to be JIS. After JIS for Ruby has been published, we will propose it
    to International Standardization Organization (ISO/IEC JTC1) to be
    International Standard.

    We are looking forward to obtaining many comments from you and to
    having active discussion among you and ourselves.

    Please send comments by January 12, 2010. We'd like to reflect them in
    the draft specification as much as possible before applying
    standardization process.

    IPA Ruby Standardization WG
    Chairman
    Ikuo NAKATA
    ----

    For further information, please visit http://ruby-std.netlab.jp/.
    The site is provided by the Network Applied Communication Laboratory,
    to which IPA has entrusted the drafting of the specification.

    --
    Shugo Maeda <>
    Shugo Maeda, Dec 1, 2009

  2. Shugo Maeda wrote:
    > The first version of the draft specification of Ruby has been released
    > at the following site.

    | 13.4 Eigenclass

    Well, that's settled, then.

    jwm
    Jörg W Mittag, Dec 1, 2009

  3. Shugo Maeda

    Ryan Davis Guest

    On Dec 1, 2009, at 07:00 , J=F6rg W Mittag wrote:

    > Shugo Maeda wrote:
    >> The first version of the draft specification of Ruby has been =

    released
    >> at the following site.

    >=20
    > | 13.4 Eigenclass
    >=20
    > Well, that's settled, then.

    not really... it is a draft.
    Ryan Davis, Dec 2, 2009
  4. Shugo Maeda

    Shugo Maeda Guest

    Hi,

    2009/12/2 Ryan Davis <>:
    >>> The first version of the draft specification of Ruby has been released
    >>> at the following site.

    >> | 13.4 Eigenclass
    >>
    >> Well, that's settled, then.

    > not really... it is a draft.

    Yes, it's just a draft. We can change the term.

    The term eigenclass is useful as a placeholder because it's easy to substitute.
    If you would like another term, please post a comment at
    http://ruby-std.netlab.jp.

    --
    Shugo Maeda
    Shugo Maeda, Dec 2, 2009
  5. Shugo Maeda

    Shugo Maeda Guest

    Re: [ruby-dev:39823] [ANN] Ruby draft specification

    Hello,

    2009/12/1 Shugo Maeda <>:
    > The first version of the draft specification of Ruby has been released
    > at the following site.
    >
    > =A0http://ruby-std.netlab.jp/

    A hyperlinked version of the draft specification is now available at the si=
    te.
    # Thanks, Kenta Murata.
    You may have to reload the download page.

    --=20
    Shugo Maeda
    Shugo Maeda, Dec 2, 2009
  6. Shugo Maeda

    Ryan Davis Guest

    On Dec 1, 2009, at 20:44 , Shugo Maeda wrote:

    > Hello,
    >=20
    > 2009/12/1 Shugo Maeda <>:
    >> The first version of the draft specification of Ruby has been =

    released
    >> at the following site.
    >>=20
    >> http://ruby-std.netlab.jp/

    >=20
    > A hyperlinked version of the draft specification is now available at =

    the site.
    > # Thanks, Kenta Murata.
    > You may have to reload the download page.

    beautiful. thank you!
    Ryan Davis, Dec 2, 2009