[ANN] Ruby-FLTK 0.9.1

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jeremy Henty, Apr 24, 2005.

  1. Jeremy Henty

    Jeremy Henty Guest

    Ruby-FLTK 0.9.1 , 2005-04-24
    http://ruby-fltk.sourceforge.net/

    "I, for one, welcome our new Agile, Pragmatic, Refactoring Overlords"

    What is this?:

    Ruby-FLTK is a Ruby binding for the FLTK (Fast, Light Toolkit) GUI
    library.

    Release notes:

    Headlines!:
    - Ruby-FLTK builds under Ruby 1.8.2 !
    - Also, Ruby-FLTK can beep at you!

    This release marks a change of hands. There had been no activity on
    this project for some time, and at the request of the previous
    development team I (Jeremy Henty) volunteered to take over. My
    contribution to this release was merely to review the latest code in
    CVS and update the change log. I hope to make more substantial
    contributions to future releases! :)

    This is a source-only release. I am considering what to do about
    binary releases. Suggestions are welcome!

    CHANGES:

    0.9.0 -> 0.9.1
    * Added constants for Browser_::has_scrollbar().
    * extconf.rb: fixed to build correctly under Ruby 1.8.x .
    * Added FLTK.beep and the FLTK::BEEP_* constants.
    * Added FLTK::TextDisplay#text{font,color,size} .
    * Added extconf.rb tests for fl_{inactive,constrast} and
    #ifdef-wrapped FLTK.{inactive,constrast} accordingly.

    Cheers,

    Jeremy Henty

    --
    Let me think about either subtracting magic, or adding more magic.
    -- Yukihiro Matzumoto
    Jeremy Henty, Apr 24, 2005