[ANN] ruby-gdchart-1.0.0 initial release

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Daniel Wislocki, Nov 4, 2005.

  1. Daniel Wislocki, Nov 4, 2005

  2. > > Hi, I'm annoucing the release of ruby-gdchart

    > Hi,
    >
    > What have you changed?

    here's more infomation in the README, but basically I've:

    Upgraded the gdchart library being used to 0.11.5dev.

    Changed some of the old attribute names to be more in line with ruby
    standards (like ExtColor -> ext_color) while adding aliases for
    backwards compatibility.

    Added some constant definitions that were lacking in the previous
    release that seemed rather critical to me (like NOVALUE).

    Packaged the whole thing up as a gem.

    Daniel

    Daniel Wislocki, Nov 7, 2005

  3. Daniel Wislocki

    Kouhei Sutou Guest

    Hi,

    In <>
    "Re: [ANN] ruby-gdchart-1.0.0 initial release" on Mon, 7 Nov 2005 16:48:06 +0900,
    Daniel Wislocki <> wrote:

    > > > Hi, I'm annoucing the release of ruby-gdchart

    > > What have you changed?
    > >

    > Upgraded the gdchart library being used to 0.11.5dev.

    My GDChart bindings(*) can be used with 0.11.5dev or other
    versions because they use SWIG to generate C code. And mine
    have more Rubyish API rather than yours. The API is similar
    to PyGDChart2's one.

    (*) http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/gdchart/

    Thanks,
    --
    kou

    Kouhei Sutou, Nov 7, 2005
  4. The point wasn't just to make them "more Rubyish," but also to make it
    easy to use as a gem, as well as to fix several bugs.

    Daniel Wislocki, Nov 8, 2005
  5. Some people were having trouble with the Gem that I uploaded to
    rubyforge. It was built in a Cygwin environment, and for whatever
    reason didn't seem to work correctly on *nix systems. I've uploaded a
    new Gem that was built in Gentoo Linux, and seems to work correctly.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.

    Daniel Wislocki, Nov 8, 2005