[ANN] Ruby-HL7 0.2.44

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Mark Guzman, Aug 6, 2007.

  1. Mark Guzman

    Mark Guzman Guest

    What is it?
    -------------

    Ruby-HL7 is a library for parsing and generating HL7 2.x messages. HL7
    3.0 message support is planned for a future release. HL7 is a widely
    used medical information interchange format.

    Feature list:
    * flexible parsing support
    * MLLP support
    * provides a simple dsl for defining segments
    * allows for arbitrary manipulation of segment data
    * automatic segment ordering (via sort)
    * familiar Array/Enumerable semantics
    * easy associated/child segment access

    Changes
    --------------------

    This release addresses a few bugs found with segment access,
    specifically null segment access and empty segment access.
    It also provides a speed improvement when parsing messages with many
    unimplemented/unknown segments.
    Associated/Child segment access has been implemented.

    How do I get it?
    --------------------

    gem install ruby-hl7

    or grab the tarbal from http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=3261

    More info and examples

    http://hasno.info/2007/8/6/ruby-hl7-0-2-44-released
    http://trac.hasno.info/ruby-hl7
    http://ruby-hl7.rubyforge.org

    What else?

    Please use the trac instance for bug reports and feature requests. Xml
    message support will be added once I've released my fastxml library.

    --mark

    Mark Guzman, Aug 6, 2007