[ANN] Ruby Hoedown 2008 Videos Now Live

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Carl Youngblood, Aug 21, 2008.

  1. <p>We just got finished uploading the last of the videos from Ruby
    Hoedown 2008:

    http://rubyhoedown2008.confreaks.com/

    Get 'em while they're hot. This was a fun conference, held in humid
    Huntsville, Alabama. As one of the main organizers, Jeremy McAnally
    really helped to make the conference a success. Hats off to him and the
    rest of the helpers for all of their hard work.

    This was the second conference for which we provided our wifi services,
    which really saved the day as far as network access was concerned. The
    venue was supposed to provide something but dropped the ball. Even
    though our uplink was limited to a couple of load-balanced EVDO cards
    (we had no ethernet connectivity at the venue either), everything still
    worked out pretty well.

    Some of you have been asking for better ways of knowing when we come out
    with new material. In the near future we will be releasing a feed for
    all of our conferences. Stay tuned for that.

    We want to thank the Ruby community for their ongoing support, and we
    are looking forward to recording RubyConf 2008 in November. Another
    upcoming conference is Smidig 2008, an agile development conference held
    in Oslo in October.

    We would really like to take this concept even further than we have,
    branching out into conferences throughout the world, even non-technical
    ones. If you know someone who is planning a conference, seminar or
    workshop, please recommend us to them.

    Thanks,

    Carl Youngblood
    Confreaks, LLC