[ANN] Ruby In Steel 0.75 now available for download

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Huw Collingbourne, Aug 14, 2006.

  1. {{Version 0.75 of Ruby In Steel}} is now available for download. This
    release includes significantly enhanced colour coding and collapsing for
    both Ruby and Rails (RHTML) files and provides support for debugging support
    for Ruby In Rails. Previous versions only provided debugging for standard
    Ruby projects. The Ruby In Steel IDE is hosted within Microsoft's Visual
    Studio 2005 (Standard edition or better).

    Download from The SapphireSteel site:

    http://www.sapphiresteel.com/

    The Features of Ruby In Steel 0.75 now include.

    ** Editing **

    - Ruby code colouring

    - Ruby and RHTML code collapsing

    - 'Collapse To Definitions'

    - Multi-level undo/redo

    - Comment/uncomment marked blocks

    - Bracket highlighting

    - Bracket matching (move between start/end brackets)

    - Drag/drop cut/copy/paste

    - View Line Numbers

    - Place bookmarks on selected lines

    - Multi-document tabbed editor

    - Edit one document in two panes (split window)

    - Find/Replace (with regular expressions)

    ** Debugging **

    - Breakpoints

    - Locals window

    - Watch Window

    - Call Stack

    - Tracing with Step Into / Step Over

    - Run to cursor

    - Interactive Debugging/evaluation in console

    - Click-to-find syntax Error List

    ** Rails Development **

    - RHTML code colouring

    - RHTML code collapsing

    - Rails New Project Wizard

    - Automatic database.yml creation

    - Automated database setup

    - Import existing Rails projects

    - Rails Solution Explorer

    - Dedicated Rails Toolbar and Menu

    - Dialogs to Generate Controller/Model/Scaffold/Other

    - Run Gems dialog

    - Integrated web browser

    - Setup MySQL/SQL Server/other

    - Fully integrated SQL Server development

    ** Project Management **

    - Organise multiple projects in branches in Solution Explorer

    - Add new items (from dialog)

    - Add existing items (from disk)

    - Synchronize Solution Explorer with files on disk

    - Toggle show all (hidden) files

    - Rename files in Solution Explorer

    - Set working directory for selected files

    ** Tools **

    - Import Ruby projects from disk

    - Open Command Prompt in selected directory

    - Build to check syntax errors in all files in a project

    - 'Start Server' Dialog

    - Configure Ruby and database path options, colours etc.

    - Properties pages for each file (set ARGS, Build properties etc.)

    - Project properties (set properties globally)

    - Pre-Build and Post-Build Events

    - Docked 'output' window

    - Docked interactive Ruby console

    - Popup 'Ruby Run' command window

    Huw Collingbourne, Aug 14, 2006

  2. Re: Ruby In Steel 0.75 now available for download

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:15:07 +0900, you wrote:

    >{{Version 0.75 of Ruby In Steel}} is now available for download.=20

    >The Ruby In Steel IDE is hosted within Microsoft's Visual=20
    >Studio 2005 (Standard edition or better).

    it's too bad the express version of vs wasn't supported. this would
    give ruby users a free environment to work in.

    could we assume it's because of a limitation in the vs express itself?

    http://home.cogeco.ca/~tsummerfelt1
    telnet://ventedspleen.dyndns.org

    tony summerfelt, Aug 14, 2006

  3. Re: Ruby In Steel 0.75 now available for download

    "tony summerfelt" <> wrote in message
    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:15:07 +0900, you wrote:
    << it's too bad the express version of vs wasn't supported. this would
    give ruby users a free environment to work in.

    could we assume it's because of a limitation in the vs express itself?>>

    Exactly that. If it had been technically possible to support the Express
    editions we would have done so. However, third party integration of the type
    supplied by Ruby In Steel is not possible in those editions :-(

    best wishes
    Huw Collingbourne

    http://www.sapphiresteel.com
    Ruby Programming In Visual Studio 2005