[ANN] ruby-oci8 0.1.14

KUBO Takehiro

ruby-oci8 0.1.14 is released.
This is a Oracle module using OCI8 API.

URL:http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-oci8/

What's new:

* add OCI8#prefetch_rows=.

This specifies the number of rows in a single round trip.
The default value is one.
See: http://www.easysoft.com/products/da...r/performance_tuning_guide.html#multiple_rows

In addition, setting zero may become a workaround of some
Oracle internal problems.

* fix bug when binding a Bignum.

* (low-level API) add attrSet(OCI_ATTR_DESC_PUBLIC, -1).

* (low-level API) add a constant OCI_PTYPE_UNK.

Wilson Bilkovich

ruby-oci8 0.1.14 is released.
This is a Oracle module using OCI8 API.

URL:http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-oci8/

What's new:

* add OCI8#prefetch_rows=3D.

See: http://www.easysoft.com/products/data_access/odbc_oracle_driver/pe= rformance_tuning_guide.html#multiple_rows

In addition, setting zero may become a workaround of some
Oracle internal problems.

* fix bug when binding a Bignum.

* (low-level API) add attrSet(OCI_ATTR_DESC_PUBLIC, -1).

* (low-level API) add a constant OCI_PTYPE_UNK.

Thank you for your excellent work on this library. I've used it for a
dozen projects, and it has never caused me trouble.

Ollivier Robert

Wilson said:
Thank you for your excellent work on this library. I've used it for a
dozen projects, and it has never caused me trouble.

Same from here. I'm using it regularely on several machines (Solaris
and MacOS X) without problems. Works great.

Thanks.

Steven Lumos

Ollivier Robert said:
Same from here. I'm using it regularely on several machines (Solaris
and MacOS X) without problems. Works great.

Thanks.

And here. Also on Solaris and OSX, Oracle 10g. I even use it with
the Instant Client *through an ssh tunnel* so I can take my Powerbook
and work in the cafe when I get sick of my office.

Steve