[ANN] Ruby/Odeum 0.2.1 (RubyGems Enabled)

Zed A. Shaw

Hello Everyone,

Just a short announcement that I released version 0.2.1 of Ruby/Odeum:

http://www.zedshaw.com/projects/ruby_odeum/

ABOUT

"Ruby/Odeum is a binding to the fantastic QDBM Odeum inverted index
library. Odeum is used in the Estraier search engine and is written by
the same author. It lets you easily construct a very fast inverted index
so you can search for documents by words really quickly. It is released
under the same license as QDBM (LGPL). The source includes the minimum
source from QDBM needed to use Odeum, so it will work right out of the
box."

CHANGES

* This release supports a RubyGem build:

http://www.zedshaw.com/projects/ruby_odeum/ruby_odeum-0.2.1.gem

Thanks go to Jeremy Hinegardner for writing up the gem build part of the
Rakefile for me.

* This release also fixes a bug in the Document.add_content method where
it would add empty words if they normalized to nothing. It now skips
any words which normalize to nothing.

NOTES

Please try out the gem and let me know if I'm doing this right. It's my
first gem package so I'm not sure how well it works coming off my site.

Thanks!

Zed A. Shaw