[ANN] Ruby-VPI 6.3.0

Suraj N. Kurapati

Version 6.3.0 (2006-08-27)

Ruby-VPI is a Ruby interface to Verilog VPI. It lets you create
complex Verilog test benches easily and wholly in Ruby.

Web site: http://ruby-vpi.rubyforge.org

Tutorial: http://ruby-vpi.rubyforge.org/doc/usage.tutorial.html

Download: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=1339&release_id=6660

SVN tag: svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/ruby-vpi/tags/6.3.0

Summary

This release adds support for the GPL CVer simulator, provides both binary
and source packages, and explicitly defines the version numbering system.

Details

• The GPL CVer simulator is now supported.

• Ruby-VPI now only needs to be built once.
â–¡ You can run tests with different Verilog simulators without having to
re-compile Ruby-VPI.
â–¡ Release packages are now available in both source and binary form.

• The RSpec based specifications for the counter example now use the
should_equal instead of the should_be assertion, because the latter ensures
strict equivalence. For instance, it will fail when a Fixnum is compared to
a Bignum.

• We now strictly follow a version numbering system based on the GNU
“major.minor.patch†convention. The version numbers of previous releases
have been revised accordingly:

Release date Original version number New version number
1999-10-31 0.0 0.0.0
2006-02-26 0.1 1.0.0
2006-04-17 0.2 2.0.0
2006-04-23 0.3 3.0.0