[ANN] RubyGems Documentation Site

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jim Weirich, Mar 14, 2005.

  1. Jim Weirich

    Jim Weirich Guest

    == Announcing the RubyGems Documentation Site

    http://docs.rubygems.org

    Concurrent with RubyGems 0.8.7, I am very pleased to announce the
    public release of the RubyGems documentation website. This site is
    built upon the excellent Hieraki application (the same one used to
    document Ruby on Rails).

    After fighting with wiki spammers and missing data, the RubyGems team
    decided to move the documentation to something a little more durable
    than a wiki page. The content from the wiki pages have been reviewed,
    reorganized, and moved to the docs.rubygems.org site.

    The move is not complete, there is still information on the wiki that
    has not made it into the RubyGems document set yet. But we will
    continue to convert the site as time goes on.

    We feel the Hieraki application gives us a much better opportunity to
    provide quality documentation for the RubyGems system. We hope you
    enjoy it.

    Thanks to Tobias L├╝tke for Hieraki and to Bruce Williams for the
    RubyGems icon.

    If you are interested in helping with the RubyGems documentation,
    please contact Jim Weirich () or Chad Fowler
    () about becoming an RubyGems document author.

    --
    -- Jim Weirich http://onestepback.org

    Jim Weirich, Mar 14, 2005