[ANN] Rubyist Magazine vol.2 (in Japanese)

SASADA Koichi

Hi guys,

We released Rubyist Magazine vol.2.
This post is summary of RubiMa vol.2 (written by mput).

=============================
= Rubyist Magazine vol.0002 =
=============================

http://jp.rubyist.net/magazine/?0002

= foreword
==========
By : TAKAHASHI Masayoshi (Rubyist Magazine editor-in-chief)

A greeting from the chief editor.

= Rubyist Hotlinks No.2 : Mr. MAEDA Shugo

Rubyist Hotlinks is a series of interviews to Rubyists.
This time we interviewed with MAEDA Shugo. Shugo is known
as the author of mod_ruby and eruby.

= Let's begin programming with Ruby
===================================
By : Dan

It is the Ruby primer for non-programmer, the very
introduction to Ruby.

= Life with Apollo -- Ruby on Windows
=====================================
By : moriq

Introduction to Apollo. Apollo is an ease-to-use GUI
library on Windows.

= Writing Web Proxy Using WEBrick
=================================
By : MATSUNO Tokuhiro

WEBrick has been included for Ruby's standard distribution
since ruby-1.8.x, so in this article we make an easy
contents filter and see how it is easy to use WEBrick.

= Nora Tutorial No.2
====================
By : MoonWolf

Nora Tutorial is a series of articles to introduce the use
of Nora: the Web Application Library. This time, a
description on Nora's template engine is given.

= Ruby Library Report No.1 IoC containers
By : TATEISHI Takaaki

In RLR we introduce libraries and developer tools. No.1 of
this series is concerning about some Ruby libraries
generally called IoC containers.

= RPM with Ruby
===============
By : moriq

Introduction of ruby-rpm: the extension library to
manipulate RPM using ruby script.

= A bit specific "specific method" introduction
By : NAKAJIMA Taku

Analyzing Ruby's magnetism from the viewpoint of "the
Reduction of Complexity" in Social System field. Why you
are attracted to Ruby? What's different form Java? The
answer may be here.

= How to crack Ruby
===================
By : TANAKA Akira

Through an explanation of what kind of code can make Ruby
core-dumped (and why that happens), the author reports how
to create your program safer.

= OpenSource Conference 2004 Ruby BoF report
By : SUKETA Masaki

OpenSource Conference 2004 was held in Japan this September
and there was a Ruby BoF. This is the report of that BoF.

= Ruby Conference 2004 report
=============================
By : SASADA Koichi, TAKAHASHI Masayoshi, OGINO Junya

Report of Ruby Conference 2004, held in October at VA, USA.
This reports includes special interview with David A. Black (Thanks!)

= RubySports
============
By : Red Holy Water

A rubyist's essay.

= RubyEventCheck
================
Nu : MATSUNO Tokuhiro, HAYAKAWA Tenko

Events Guide for rubyist.

The next issue is scheduled on the mid November, 2004.

= Planned list of contents
* Rubyist Hotlinks No.3 : Kazuhiko
* Kansai OpenSource 2004 report
* Use of Win32OLE from Ruby

We would like to hear from you! Also welcomed are your
contributions:

* Technical article related to Ruby
* Instance report for Ruby utilization
* Essays involve Ruby
* something related to Ruby

... in Japanese if you can use that :)

Any questions, comments, or posts you may have should be
sent to Rubyist Magazine editorial desk : (e-mail address removed)

Regards,