[ANN] RubyKaigi 2008 in Tsukuba, Japan and CFP

Leonard Chin

RubyKaigi 2008, the 3rd annual Japanese Ruby Conference, is scheduled
to be held from Friday, 20th June to Sunday, 22nd June, 2008, at the
Tsukuba International Congress Center in Tsukuba City, Ibaraki, just
outside of Tokyo.

http://jp.rubyist.net/RubyKaigi2008/english.html

The official languages of RubyKaigi are Japanese and Ruby, but we also
want to do our best to accommodate those of you who must resort to
English :)

We are also currently looking for speakers on a wide range of topics
about Ruby. We'll do our best to help you climb over the language
barrier, so this is a great chance to reach out to Japanese Rubyists
with your projects and ideas.

Please send your proposals via e-mail with the following format:

To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: RubyKaigi Presentation Proposal: Your Name
Body: Please include the following information about your proposal:
* Your name and (optionally) organization/company
* the working title of your talk
* A short abstract of your talk
* preferred duration of your talk. e.g. 15 min./30 min./over 30 min.
(please give an estimate)
* preferred contact address
* Please feel free to include any comments or questions

More details are on the web:
http://jp.rubyist.net/RubyKaigi2008/?CallForPresentations_en

Further details will be announced closer to the Kaigi dates.

Dejan Dimic

To: (e-mail address removed)
Body: Please include the following information about your proposal:
* Your name and (optionally) organization/company
* the working title of your talk
* A short abstract of your talk
* preferred duration of your talk. e.g. 15 min./30 min./over 30 min.
(please give an estimate)
* preferred contact address
* Please feel free to include any comments or questions

More details are on the web:http://jp.rubyist.net/RubyKaigi2008/?CallForPresentations_en

Further details will be announced closer to the Kaigi dates.

It would be beneficial if screen casts would have at least English
subtitle so the knowledge and ideas could be widely spread.

Dave Thomas

We are also currently looking for speakers on a wide range of topics
about Ruby. We'll do our best to help you climb over the language
barrier, so this is a great chance to reach out to Japanese Rubyists
with your projects and ideas.

I was invited last year, and I have to admit that I was nervous about
presenting in English. I needn't have been. This is one of the warmest
and most welcoming conferences I've attended. Leonard and Zev took
incredibly care of me, translating talks in real time, and translating
questions during my Q&A session. And Tokyo is an amazing city (but
take a compass because, like London, I don't think there's a straight
street in the place :).

If you have a killer topic, I'd strongly recommend taking the plunge
and submitting it.

Dave