[ANN] RubyKaigi 2010 open for registration

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Leonard Chin, Jun 20, 2010.

  1. Leonard Chin

    Leonard Chin Guest

    RubyKaigi 2010 is now open for registration
    (http://rubykaigi.org/2010/en/Registration)

    RubyKaigi 2010 will be held at Tsukuba International Congress Center in
    Tsukuba Japan, for 3 days from Friday, 27th August to Sunday, 29th August.

    Ticketing
    =======

    Conference Tickets: 6000 yen (for all three days)
    # Unfortunately, tickets to the conference party are currently sold out

    To purchase, sign in with OpenID or Twitter (OpenAuth) on
    the registration page:

    http://rubykaigi.org/2010/en/Registration

    Payment is via PayPal.

    If you're coming from outside of Japan...
    sending an e-mail to rubykaigi2010overseas AT qwik.atdot.net
    and including an existing member in the CC: field (e.g. l.g.chin AT gmail)

    More information on the ML: http://qwik.atdot.net/rubykaigi2010overseas/

    We have also prepared some accommodation information:
    http://rubykaigi.org/2010/en/Accommodation

    Who's Speaking?
    ============
    This year, RubyKaigi is (mostly) dual-track.

    Speakers this year include:
    - Jeremy Kemper
    - Matz
    - Chad Fowler
    - Jugyo ("g")
    - Carl Lerche
    - Yehuda Katz
    - Tanaka Akira
    - Yugui

    A full list is available on the website: http://rubykaigi.org/2010/en/events

    In addition, there will also be workshops, mini-conferences,
    hackathons and other sub-events run in parallel to the talks, including:
    JRubyKaigi, a PGP Keysign party, emacs workshop, vim workshop,
    origami workshop, and more.

    About RubyKaigi
    ============
    RubyKaigi is the premiere Ruby Conference in Japan, held annually and
    hosting a mix of Japanese and English talks. RubyKaigi 2010 will be
    held at Tsukuba International Congress Center, Tsukuba, Ibaraki,
    Japan, over 3 days
    from Friday, August 27th until Sunday, August 29th. Tsukuba City is located
    just outside of Tokyo proper, and is a 45 minute train ride from Akihabara.

    Venue: http://www.epochal.or.jp/eng/

    Questions?
    ========

    Feel free to contact us at

    For further information and news, please visit our websites:

    Official Site: http://rubykaigi.org/2010/en
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/rubykaigi
    Blog: http://rubykaigi.tdiary.net/

    --