[ANN] RubyKaigi.live!

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Leonard Chin, Jun 19, 2008.

  1. Leonard Chin

    Leonard Chin Guest

    RubyKaigi 2008, the Japanese Ruby conference, begins tomorrow and will
    be running for three days from Friday, June 20th until Sunday, June
    22nd.

    For those of you who weren't able to make it over to Japan, all
    conference sessions will be broadcast live over ustream.tv.

    http://jp.rubyist.net/RubyKaigi2008/?Live

    # Direct access to the two streams can be found at the following
    channels on ustream.tv:
    #
    # - Main sessions: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rubykaigi
    # (There will be real-time Japanese-English translation on the ustream
    #rubykaigi IRC channel)
    # - Sub sessions, Day 0: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rubykaigi-mp
    #

    Tomorrow, Day 0, is our business and community day, with Ruby usage
    case-studies from our sponsors,
    and a chat with RubyCentral and local Japanese Ruby groups and, of
    course, a golf tournament.
    The main days of the conference are on Saturday and Sunday, when we'll
    have a diverse range of talks in both English and Japanese.

    Please check our program for a complete listing.

    http://jp.rubyist.net/RubyKaigi2008/?Program_en

    If you're interested to see what kind of a conference RubyKaigi is,
    have a look at the videos from past RubyKaigi events.

    RubyKaigi 2007: http://labs.i-revo.jp/wiki/?RubyKaigi2007
    (on google video: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=RubyKaigi2007# )
    RubyKaigi 2006: http://jp.rubyist.net/RubyKaigi2006/videos.html

    I hope you enjoy RubyKaigi, in person or online!

    --
    Leonard Chin
    on behalf of the RubyKaigi 2008 Executive Committee
    Leonard Chin, Jun 19, 2008