[ANN] RubyScript2Exe 0.3.1

Erik Veenstra

RubyScript2Exe 0.3.1 is released!

* Enhanced the support for RubyGems: I'm working on full
support of RubyGems. The handling of require_gem and the
mangling of $: are implemented and all files of a gem are
embedded. I've tested just a couple of gems, not all of them.
If you've troubles with a specific gem, please let me know.

* Added support for .dll extensions and .o extensions.

* Added RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_DLLS. Sometimes, you want to embed an
additional DLL in the executable. That's easily done by
setting RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_DLLS in your application:
'RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_DLLS = ["a.dll", "b.dll", "c.dll"]' At the
end of the tracing of your script, the mentioned DLL's are
copied from the directory in which the application was
started, if they exist. The DLL's on which these DLL's depend
are not copied, in contrast to the dependencies of ruby.exe
and its libraries, which are resolved recursively.

* Fixed a bug concerning backslashes in the tracing part.

gegroet,
Erik V.

Florian Gross

Erik said:
* Added RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_DLLS. Sometimes, you want to embed an
additional DLL in the executable. That's easily done by
setting RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_DLLS in your application:
'RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_DLLS = ["a.dll", "b.dll", "c.dll"]' At the
end of the tracing of your script, the mentioned DLL's are
copied from the directory in which the application was
started, if they exist. The DLL's on which these DLL's depend
are not copied, in contrast to the dependencies of ruby.exe
and its libraries, which are resolved recursively.

Thanks a lot for adding this! Can absolute paths be used?

Erik Veenstra

Erik said:
* Added RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_DLLS. Sometimes, you want to embed
an additional DLL in the executable. That's easily done by
setting RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_DLLS in your application:
'RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_DLLS = ["a.dll", "b.dll", "c.dll"]' At the
end of the tracing of your script, the mentioned DLL's are
copied from the directory in which the application was
started, if they exist. The DLL's on which these DLL's
depend are not copied, in contrast to the dependencies of
ruby.exe and its libraries, which are resolved recursively.

Thanks a lot for adding this! Can absolute paths be used?

Yes. I do something like this:

fromfile = File.expand_path(dll, fromdir)
tofile = File.expand_path(File.basename(dll), todir)

gegroet,
Erik V.

Erik Veenstra

fromfile = File.expand_path(dll, fromdir) tofile =
File.expand_path(File.basename(dll), todir)

I want a better newsreader! Now! The only handicap of Pan is
its reformatting of already formatted text/code...

gegroet,
Erik V.

Erik said:
I want a better newsreader! Now! The only handicap of Pan is
its reformatting of already formatted text/code...

Came through just fine for me on two lines. (Mozilla Thunderbird)

vruz

Thanks a lot for adding this! Can absolute paths be used?
Yes. I do something like this:

fromfile = File.expand_path(dll, fromdir)
tofile = File.expand_path(File.basename(dll), todir)

So can I use this to bundle a Windows XP manifest file?
(it's basically some metadata in XML format that tells Windows XP to
use the modern look & feel)
The thing is, I need the file (say... rubyw.exe.manifest) to reside in
the same directory as rubyw.exe.

keep up with the good work !!

vruz

Erik Veenstra

fromfile = File.expand_path(dll, fromdir)
tofile = File.expand_path(File.basename(dll), todir)

So can I use this to bundle a Windows XP manifest file? (it's
basically some metadata in XML format that tells Windows XP
to use the modern look & feel)

The thing is, I need the file (say... rubyw.exe.manifest) to
reside in the same directory as rubyw.exe.

All files in RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_DLLS are copied to the directory in
which rubyw.exe resides (todir). So, by accident: yes.

But you could as well try it and let us know...
keep up with the good work !!

I'll try...

gegroet,
Erik V.