[ANN] RubyStuff: The Ruby Shop for Ruby Programmers

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by James Britt, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. James Britt

    James Britt Guest

    Announcing the formal grand opening of Ruby Stuff: The Ruby Shop for
    Ruby Programmers.

    http://www.rubystuff.com

    In an effort to help fund ruby-doc.org and rubyxml.com, I assembled a
    variety of designs and opened up multiple shops on CafePress to hawk
    apparel, clocks, mugs, mouse pads, assorted sundries.

    The RubyStuff site provides a set of aggregate pages so you can see the
    different designs in one place. All actual purchases are done on the
    corresponding CafePress site.

    * Get your stylish Ruby Hacker mouse pad!
    http://www.rubystuff.com/mousepads.html

    * Proudly, and noisily, slurp your coffee from a stunning "I (heart)
    Ruby" mug!
    http://www.rubystuff.com/mugs.html

    * Spook the Javahead in the next cube by wearing an attractively
    intimidating "Rüby: Speed-metal coding" T-shirt (Yes! It's the
    heavy-metal umlaut!)
    http://www.rubystuff.com/shirts.html

    Browse around and see what's there.
    http://www.rubystuff.com

    General info is at
    http://www.rubystuff.com/about.html

    Enjoy,

    James Britt

    James Britt, Jun 8, 2005

  2. James Britt wrote:

    > * Spook the Javahead in the next cube by wearing an attractively
    > intimidating "Rüby: Speed-metal coding" T-shirt (Yes! It's the
    > heavy-metal umlaut!)
    > http://www.rubystuff.com/shirts.html

    Gawd, that's one of the funniest things I've seen all week. I need one.

    p.s. Despite what it says on the front page, I won't feel "namked"
    without a shirt. I don't even wanna know what "namked" feels like. :)

    jason r tibbetts, Jun 8, 2005

  3. James Britt

    James Britt Guest

    James Britt, Jun 8, 2005
  4. On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:50:52AM +0900, James Britt wrote:
    > * Spook the Javahead in the next cube by wearing an attractively
    > intimidating "Rüby: Speed-metal coding" T-shirt (Yes! It's the
    > heavy-metal umlaut!)
    > http://www.rubystuff.com/shirts.html

    If I was cosidering to buy one I would appreciate a wider choice of
    T-shirt types. I have seen the ubuntu shop a few days ago and they have
    what looks like the same (and additional) types of T-shirts, just with
    different graphics.

    Thanks

    Michal Suchanek

    Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek, Jun 8, 2005
  5. >=20
    > * Spook the Javahead in the next cube by wearing an attractively
    > intimidating "R=FCby: Speed-metal coding" T-shirt (Yes! It's the
    > heavy-metal umlaut!)
    > http://www.rubystuff.com/shirts.html

    A german "R=FCbe" wich is pronounced quite similar to "R=FCby" is turnip.
    Don't know if turnips are hardcore in english speaking countries. (I
    don't know if there are lanuages except from turkish and german that
    use the u-umlaut, so maybe theres more fun out there)

    cheers,

    Brian

    --=20
    http://ruby.brian-schroeder.de/

    Brian Schröder, Jun 8, 2005
  6. Robin Stocker, Jun 8, 2005
  7. James Britt

    Hal Fulton Guest

    Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek wrote:
    > On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:50:52AM +0900, James Britt wrote:
    >
    >>* Spook the Javahead in the next cube by wearing an attractively
    >>intimidating "Rüby: Speed-metal coding" T-shirt (Yes! It's the
    >>heavy-metal umlaut!)
    >> http://www.rubystuff.com/shirts.html

    > If I was cosidering to buy one I would appreciate a wider choice of
    > T-shirt types. I have seen the ubuntu shop a few days ago and they have
    > what looks like the same (and additional) types of T-shirts, just with
    > different graphics.

    There's also the one I created (but haven't maintained much
    lately) linked from rubyhacker.com:

    http://www.cafepress.com/rubyshop

    I should work on it again, especially the poster, which needs to
    be fixed. It's on my list.

    Hal

    Hal Fulton, Jun 8, 2005
  8. James Britt

    Ara.T.Howard Guest

    --8323328-73882804-1118265615=:31225

    On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Hal Fulton wrote:

    > Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek wrote:
    >> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:50:52AM +0900, James Britt wrote:
    >>=20
    >>> * Spook the Javahead in the next cube by wearing an attractively
    >>> intimidating "R=FCby: Speed-metal coding" T-shirt (Yes! It's the
    >>> heavy-metal umlaut!)
    >>> http://www.rubystuff.com/shirts.html

    >>=20
    >>=20
    >> If I was cosidering to buy one I would appreciate a wider choice of
    >> T-shirt types. I have seen the ubuntu shop a few days ago and they have
    >> what looks like the same (and additional) types of T-shirts, just with
    >> different graphics.

    > There's also the one I created (but haven't maintained much
    > lately) linked from rubyhacker.com:
    >
    > http://www.cafepress.com/rubyshop
    >
    > I should work on it again, especially the poster, which needs to
    > be fixed. It's on my list.

    i still wear my shirt often - get a lot of comments on it ;-)

    -a
    --=20
    =3D=3D=3D=3D
    | phone :: 303.497.6469
    | My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    | --Tenzin Gyatso
    =3D=3D=3D=3D

    Ara.T.Howard, Jun 8, 2005
  9. Re: RubyStuff: The Ruby Shop for Ruby Programmers

    Hal Fulton wrote:
    > Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek wrote:
    > > On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:50:52AM +0900, James Britt wrote:
    > >
    > >>* Spook the Javahead in the next cube by wearing an attractively
    > >>intimidating "Rüby: Speed-metal coding" T-shirt (Yes! It's the
    > >>heavy-metal umlaut!)
    > >> http://www.rubystuff.com/shirts.html

    > > If I was cosidering to buy one I would appreciate a wider choice of
    > > T-shirt types. I have seen the ubuntu shop a few days ago and they have
    > > what looks like the same (and additional) types of T-shirts, just with
    > > different graphics.

    > There's also the one I created (but haven't maintained much
    > lately) linked from rubyhacker.com:
    >
    > http://www.cafepress.com/rubyshop
    >
    > I should work on it again, especially the poster, which needs to
    > be fixed. It's on my list.
    >

    > Hal

    Hal,

    I'm still waiting for my "Ruby programmers do it with class" t-shirt.

    Dan

    Daniel Berger, Jun 8, 2005
  10. James Britt

    ES Guest

    Re: RubyStuff: The Ruby Shop for Ruby Programmers

    Le 8/6/2005, "Daniel Berger" <> a =E9crit:
    >Hal Fulton wrote:
    >> Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek wrote:

    >> > If I was cosidering to buy one I would appreciate a wider choice of
    >> > T-shirt types. I have seen the ubuntu shop a few days ago and they have
    >> > what looks like the same (and additional) types of T-shirts, just with
    >> > different graphics.

    >> There's also the one I created (but haven't maintained much
    >> lately) linked from rubyhacker.com:
    >>
    >> http://www.cafepress.com/rubyshop
    >>
    >> I should work on it again, especially the poster, which needs to
    >> be fixed. It's on my list.
    >>

    >> Hal

    >Hal,
    >
    >I'm still waiting for my "Ruby programmers do it with class" t-shirt.

    "Ruby programmers do it with blocks?"

    >Dan

    template<typename duck>
    void quack(duck& d) { d.quack(); }

    ES, Jun 8, 2005
  11. James Britt

    James Britt Guest

    Robin Stocker wrote:

    > Cool stuff!
    >
    > Could you add a design with the cute ruby (gem) from here?:
    > http://redhanded.hobix.com/redesign2005/
    > http://redhanded.hobix.com/redesign2005/images/john-10.0-full.png

    Only if the designer of the image says it's OK.

    James

    James Britt, Jun 9, 2005
  12. James Britt

    James Britt Guest

    James Britt, Jun 9, 2005
  13. Re: RubyStuff: The Ruby Shop for Ruby Programmers

    Ruby. Yield.

    Steven Jenkins, Jun 9, 2005
  14. James Edward Gray II, Jun 9, 2005
  15. James Britt

    James Britt Guest

    James Edward Gray II wrote:
    > On Jun 8, 2005, at 6:49 PM, James Britt wrote:
    >
    >> Robin Stocker wrote:
    >>
    >>> Cool stuff!
    >>> Could you add a design with the cute ruby (gem) from here?:
    >>> http://redhanded.hobix.com/redesign2005/
    >>> http://redhanded.hobix.com/redesign2005/images/john-10.0-full.png
    >>>

    >> Only if the designer of the image says it's OK.

    > Are you open to future images from those of us who enjoy tinkering?

    Oh, absolutely.

    James

    James Britt, Jun 9, 2005
  16. Re: RubyStuff: The Ruby Shop for Ruby Programmers

    Hey James,

    just a quick question: I'm from Canada, how does it work if I want to
    order a couple of t-shirts? Do I just put my credit card number, and
    the right canadian amount will be added to my bill?

    Vincent.

    Vincent Foley, Jun 9, 2005
  17. Re: RubyStuff: The Ruby Shop for Ruby Programmers

    > Could you add a design with the cute ruby (gem) from here?:
    > I'd definitely buy one then :)

    +1

    George.

    George Moschovitis, Jun 9, 2005
  18. James Britt

    James Britt Guest

    Vincent Foley wrote:
    > Hey James,
    >
    > just a quick question: I'm from Canada, how does it work if I want to
    > order a couple of t-shirts? Do I just put my credit card number, and
    > the right canadian amount will be added to my bill?

    Actual transactions are done by CafePress, who accept Visa, MasterCard,
    Discover, and American Express. I looked around the CafePress help
    section and didn't see anything referring to currency exchange; I have
    to believe, though, that this happens transparently.

    And it appears there are a number of Canadian customers:

    http://www.cafepress.com/simplycanadian

    James

    James Britt, Jun 9, 2005
  19. Re: RubyStuff: The Ruby Shop for Ruby Programmers

    When I registered to cafepress, I was given a country choice. And now,
    I have two t-shirts (Ruby Hacker and Red pill) and one sweatshirt (Ruby
    Hacker)

    YAY!

    Vincent Foley, Jun 9, 2005
  20. Re: RubyStuff: The Ruby Shop for Ruby Programmers

    I already got my mug and t-shirt here in ottawa. I had to pay some
    money COD to the postman. I guess this PST / GST for the goods. Other
    then that there was no difference from ordering within canada.

    On 6/9/05, Vincent Foley <> wrote:
    > Hey James,
    >=20
    > just a quick question: I'm from Canada, how does it work if I want to
    > order a couple of t-shirts? Do I just put my credit card number, and
    > the right canadian amount will be added to my bill?
    >=20
    > Vincent.

    --=20
    Tobi