ANN: Rur-ple lessons 0.36

Discussion in 'Python' started by =?iso-8859-1?B?QW5kcuk=?=, Jan 29, 2006.

  1. Announcing RUR-PLE lessons 0.36

    RUR-PLE stands for Roberge's Used Robot: a Python Learning Environment.

    This is the first official release of the lessons, separately
    from the application. The lessons are intended as a somewhat
    non-typical introduction to programming using Python, that has
    been used for other languages (just google "Karel Robot" for
    some examples). The version number (0.36) indicates that
    36 complete lessons (plus a few more incomplete ones) are included.
    The complete introduction to Python (version 1.0) will
    probably include 50 lessons in total.

    This version contains more than 50% more material than
    what is included in the latest rur-ple release on sourceforge.

    A link to the download page can be found at
    http://rur-ple.sourceforge.net

    =====
    In 1981, Richard Pattis introduced "Karel the Robot"
    as a tool to teach computer programming.
    Reeborg is a robot built on the 1981 Pattis' model...
    and it is starting to show its age.
    It has an oil leak, which allows us to follow its trail.
    Its compass is broken; it only knows if it is
    facing north or not, unlike Karel who could
    determine its orientation with respect to all four cardinal points.

    Pattis' Karel the Robot was named after the author Karel Capek,
    who popularized the word robot in his play
    Rossum's Universal Robots (RUR).
    While RUR-PLE shares the basic RUR acronym,
    in this case it stands for Roberge's Used Robot.
    However, through the magic of Guido van Rossum's Python,
    you can learn how to fix it and design a better one,
    worthy of the name Rossum's Universal Robot.
    =?iso-8859-1?B?QW5kcuk=?=, Jan 29, 2006

  2. =?iso-8859-1?B?QW5kcuk=?=

    Méta-MCI Guest

    Re: Rur-ple lessons 0.36

    Bonjour !

    Il me semblerait sympathique que cette annonce soit dupliquée sur
    fr.comp.lang.python, et sur quelques autres newsgroups.
    Par exemple, puis-je répercuter l'annonce sur le newsgroup
    "programmation.python" de zoo-logique ?

    @-salutations
    --
    Michel Claveau
    Méta-MCI, Feb 1, 2006

  3. Re: Rur-ple lessons 0.36

    Bonjour !

    Je n'ai pas d'objections à ce que tu le fasse. La seule chose qui
    m'embête, c'est que les leçons ne sont qu'en anglais. C'est un peu
    pour moi une question de fierté ; au moins l'interface de rur-ple est
    traduite en français.

    André Roberge

    =?iso-8859-1?B?QW5kcuk=?=, Feb 1, 2006