[ANN] RWB 0.2.1

pat eyler

RWB, the Ruby Web Bench, provides a simple way to
manage a performance and load tests suite for your
webserver. Unlike ab, by which it was inspired, it
will allow you to build a collection of test URLs with
corresponding weights which it will use to generate the
actual tests that it runs (and reports on).

Version 0.2.1 was released this morning, and is available
from http://rubyforge.org/projects/rwb

There are some underlying changes to how request
results are stored (which will allow even richer reporting
in the future). I've also adding some (ascii) graphs of
performance quartiles, for example the script below:

require 'rwb'

urls =3D RWB::Builder.new()
urls.add_url(10, "http://www.example.com")
urls.add_url(10, "http://www.example.com/nonesuch")
urls.add_url(70, "http://www.example.com/entries")

queries =3D ['foo+bar', 'bar+baz', 'quux']
urls.add_url_group(10, "http://www.example.com:3000/search?", queries)

tests =3D RWB::Runner.new(urls, 100, 20)
tests.report_header
tests.report_overall
tests.graph_quartiles_urls(1000)

generates output like this: