[ANN] SciPy '03 -- The 2nd Annual Python for Scientific Computing Workshop

Discussion in 'Python' started by eric jones, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. eric jones

    eric jones Guest

    Hey folks,

    I've been postponing this announcement because the registration page
    isn't active yet. It's getting late though, and I thought I'd at least
    let you know SciPy '03 is happening. I'll repost when registration is
    open.

    Thanks,
    Eric

    SciPy '03
    The 2nd Annual Python for Scientific Computing Workshop

    CalTech, Pasadena, CA
    September 11-12, 2003

    http://www.scipy.org/site_content/scipy03

    This workshop provides a unique opportunity to learn and affect what is
    happening in the realm of scientific computing with Python. Attendees
    will have the opportunity to review the available tools and how they
    apply to specific problems. By providing a forum for developers to share
    their Python expertise with the wider industrial, academic, and research
    communities, this workshop will foster collaboration and facilitate the
    sharing of software components, techniques and a vision for high level
    language use in scientific computing.

    The cost of the workshop is $100.00 and includes 2 breakfasts and 2
    lunches on Sept. 11th and 12th, one dinner on Sept. 11th, and snacks
    during breaks. Online registration is not available yet, but will be
    soon.

    We would like to have a wide variety of presenters this year. If you
    have a paper you would like to present, please contact
    .

    Discussion about the conference may be directed to the SciPy-user
    mailing list:

    Mailinbg list address:

    Please forward this announcement to anyone/list that might be
    interested.

    -------------
    Co-Hosted By:
    -------------

    The National Biomedical Computation Resource (NBCR, SDSC, San Diego, CA)
    http://nbcr.sdsc.edu
    The mission of the National Biomedical Computation Resource at the San
    Diego
    Supercomputer Center is to conduct, catalyze, and enable biomedical
    research by harnessing advanced computational technology.

    The Center for Advanced Computing Research (CACR, CalTech, Pasadena, CA)
    http://nbcr.sdsc.edu
    CACR is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in the field of
    high-performance computing, communication, and data engineering. Major
    activities include carrying out large-scale scientific and engineering
    applications on parallel supercomputers and coordinating collaborative
    research projects on high-speed network technologies, distributed
    computing and database methodologies, and related topics. Our goal is to
    help further the state of the art in scientific computing.

    Enthought, Inc. (Austin, TX)
    http://enthought.com
    Enthought, Inc. provides scientific and business computing solutions
    through software development, consulting and training.

    eric jones 515 Congress Ave
    www.enthought.com Suite 1614
    512 536-1057 Austin, Tx 78701
    eric jones, Jun 27, 2003