ANN: SciPy 2004 Conference - Python for Scientific Computing

Discussion in 'Python' started by Travis N. Vaught, May 6, 2004.

  1. Greetings,

    The 1st annual *SciPy Conference* will be held this year at Caltech,
    September 2-3, 2004. As some of you may know, we've experienced great
    participation in two SciPy "Workshops" (with ~70 attendees in both 2002
    and 2003) and this year we're graduating to a "conference." With the
    prestige of a conference comes the responsibility of a keynote address.
    This year, Jim Hugunin has answered the call and will be speaking to
    kickoff the meeting on Thursday September 2nd. Jim is the creator of
    Numeric Python, Jython, and co-designer of AspectJ. Jim is currently
    working on IronPython--a fast implementation of Python for .NET and Mono.

    Registration is now open. More information can be found here:

    http://www.scipy.org/wikis/scipy04

    You may register early online for $100.00. Registration includes
    breakfast and lunch Thursday & Friday and a very nice dinner Thursday
    night. After July 16, registration will cost $150.00.

    Call for Presenters:
    If you are interested in presenting at the conference, you may submit an
    abstract in Plain Text, PDF or MS Word formats to --
    the deadline for abstract submission is July 1, 2004. Papers and/or
    presentation slides are acceptable and are due by August 20, 2004.

    We're also planning three days of informal "Coding Sprints" prior to the
    conference -- August 30 to September 1, 2004. Conference registration
    is not required to participate in the sprints. Please email the list,
    however, if you plan to attend. Topics for these sprints will be
    determined via the mailing lists as well, so please submit any
    suggestions for topics to the scipy-user list:

    list address:

    Please forward this announcement to anyone/list that might be interested.

    I look forward to seeing you at the conference.

    Best Regards,

    Travis N. Vaught
    Travis N. Vaught, May 6, 2004