ANN: Sequel 0.1.4 Released - ODBC adapter and more

Sharon Rosner

Sequel version 0.1.4 has just been released. This release adds an ODBC
adapter, handling of multi-line SQL statements and improvements to the
schema DSL.

ODBC adapter
------------
Sequel now includes an ODBC adapter which uses the odbc gem directly.

require 'sequel/odbc'
DB = Sequel.open 'odbc:/my_dsn'
# etc...

Multi-line SQL statements
-------------------------
Database#<< can now accept strings and arrays of strings containing
multiple SQL statements, line breaks and comments, making it easy to
work with schema files and database dump files. e.g.:

DB << IO.read('schema')

You can also split a string into separate SQL statements (also
stripped of comments and line breaks):

IO.read('schema').split_sql #=> array of statements

Improvements to Schema DSL
--------------------------
The schema generator DSL is improved to support data types as methods,
so instead of writing:

DB.create_table :items do
column :name, :text
column :price, :decimal
end

You can now write:

DB.create_table :items do
text :name
decimal :price
end

======================

Sequel documentation:
<http://sequel.rubyforge.org>

Join the Sequel-talk group:
<http://groups.google.com/group/sequel-talk>

Install the gem:
sudo gem install sequel

Or check out the source and install manually:
svn co http://ruby-sequel.googlecode.com/svn/trunk sequel
cd sequel
rake install

Gregory Brown

Sequel version 0.1.4 has just been released. This release adds an ODBC
adapter, handling of multi-line SQL statements and improvements to the
schema DSL.

Nice work Sharon! I'll try wrapping this with a Ruport plugin soon. :)