[ANN] Slide Show (S9) Gem Now Includes S6 - Easier to Understand andExtend S5 Rewrite

Gerald Bauer

Hello,

The Ruby Slide Show (S9) gem that lets you create slide shows and
author slides in plain text using a wiki-style markup language that's
easy-to-write and easy-to-read has switched the default S9-generated
slide shows to S6 since the FullerScreen Firefox addon hasn't been
updated for the latest Firefox 3.0 release and I have no clue when any
updates (if at all will happen) I have Note, you still can generate
FullerScreen slide shows (just flip the new --fullerscreen switch).

What's S6?

S6 is my rewrite of Eric Meyer's S5 JavaScript code using the jQuery
JavaScript library - offering easier to understand and easier to
extend code. That's the idea. You can find the code online @
http://slideshow.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/lib/templates/s6/slides.js
and compare it to
http://slideshow.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/lib/templates/s5/slides.js

Add plugins, effects and more. Contributions welcome!

To reflect the Slide Show (S9) support of various formats S5, S6,
Opera Show, FullerScreen, etc. I have also updated the project site
and the 10-minute tutorial.

Comments and questions welcome. Cheers.