[ANN] Slide Show (S9) Gem Updated (v0.7.5) - SupportsPlugins/Helpers; New Built-in Helpers Include c

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Gerald Bauer, Feb 25, 2009.

  1. Gerald Bauer

    Gerald Bauer Guest

    Hello,

    I uploaded a new slideshow gem version (that is, v0.7.5).

    =3D=3D What's Slides Show (S9)?

    A Ruby gem that lets you create slide shows and author slides in
    plain text using a wiki-style markup language that=92s easy-to-write and
    easy-to-read. More @ http://slideshow.rubyforge.org

    =3D=3D What's new?

    I added support for plugins and helpers. Now you can use Embedded
    Ruby (ERB) in your slide source e.g.

    h1. Today's Date

    <%=3D Time.now %>

    If you want to use your own helpers put your code in the ./lib folder
    (or any subfolders) and your code gets loaded on startup. For now the
    built-in helpers include:

    * include # Let's you include text. e.g.

    <%=3D include 'help.txt' %>

    * content_for # Lets you add content to your templates from your
    source a la Rails

    In your slide source use:

    <% content_for :head do %>

    your content here e.g. more meta tags; javascript includes etc.

    <% end %>

    In your template use:

    <%=3D content_for :head %> and it will include the marked content
    from your source. Note, you can use :foo, :bar or whatever key you
    want instead of :head and also note a la Rails you can use the same
    key as many times as you want. The new content just gets added.

    Finally I added support for (private) multi-line comments using
    __SKIP__/__END__. If you want to skip content in your source just
    enclose it with

    __SKIP__

    not yet ready or private notes/comments

    __END__

    As a shortcut if you just use __END__ (without __SKIP__) (Ruby-like)
    it will skip everything from __END__ until the end of the file.

    That's it. I will add a couple of more built-in helpers in the next
    days and weeks and you're, of course, more than welcome and encouraged
    to create your own helpers. Questions and comments welcome.

    Cheers.

    Gerald Bauer, Feb 25, 2009