[ANN] Slide Show (S9) Gem Updated (v0.7.5) - SupportsPlugins/Helpers; New Built-in Helpers Include c

Gerald Bauer

Hello,

I uploaded a new slideshow gem version (that is, v0.7.5).

=3D=3D What's Slides Show (S9)?

A Ruby gem that lets you create slide shows and author slides in
plain text using a wiki-style markup language that=92s easy-to-write and
easy-to-read. More @ http://slideshow.rubyforge.org

=3D=3D What's new?

I added support for plugins and helpers. Now you can use Embedded
Ruby (ERB) in your slide source e.g.

h1. Today's Date

<%=3D Time.now %>

If you want to use your own helpers put your code in the ./lib folder
(or any subfolders) and your code gets loaded on startup. For now the
built-in helpers include:

* include # Let's you include text. e.g.

<%=3D include 'help.txt' %>

* content_for # Lets you add content to your templates from your
source a la Rails

In your slide source use:

<% content_for :head do %>

your content here e.g. more meta tags; javascript includes etc.

<% end %>

In your template use:

<%=3D content_for :head %> and it will include the marked content
from your source. Note, you can use :foo, :bar or whatever key you
want instead of :head and also note a la Rails you can use the same
key as many times as you want. The new content just gets added.

Finally I added support for (private) multi-line comments using
__SKIP__/__END__. If you want to skip content in your source just
enclose it with

__SKIP__

not yet ready or private notes/comments

__END__

As a shortcut if you just use __END__ (without __SKIP__) (Ruby-like)
it will skip everything from __END__ until the end of the file.

That's it. I will add a couple of more built-in helpers in the next
days and weeks and you're, of course, more than welcome and encouraged
to create your own helpers. Questions and comments welcome.

Cheers.