From: "Phil Tomson" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby
To: "ruby-talk ML" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: [ANN] Slides from my talk are up on rubyhacker.com

Hal,

I just went through your slides. Every Rubyist should read them, lots of
great advice!

Is it possible to get these slides as a pdf?

BTW: How did you create this presentation?

Thanks, Phil...

Also lots left out, of course... I'm still listing things
I "wish I had said."

I don't have the ability to create a PDF. At least, if I do,
I'm not aware of it. :)

The slides were created with good old-fashioned (ack)
Powerpoint.

The HTML was created with a little tool I wrote... it's
fairly trivial, but I've thought of releasing it once it's
enhanced a little and the code is cleaned. (I don't like
the HTML that you get when you export from Powerpoint.)

Cheers,
Hal

Mauricio Fernández

The slides were created with good old-fashioned (ack)
Powerpoint.

The HTML was created with a little tool I wrote... it's
fairly trivial, but I've thought of releasing it once it's
enhanced a little and the code is cleaned. (I don't like
the HTML that you get when you export from Powerpoint.)

I believe there's a bug in the generation of numbered links (the ones
at the bottom): the pages are listed in lexicographic order instead of
the proper one (ie. you have slide1.html, slide10.html ..., slide2.html)

--
_ _
| |__ __ _| |_ ___ _ __ ___ __ _ _ __
Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com

- DDD no longer requires the librx library. Consequently, librx
errors can no more cause DDD to crash.
-- DDD

Hal E. Fulton

I believe there's a bug in the generation of numbered links (the ones
at the bottom): the pages are listed in lexicographic order instead of
the proper one (ie. you have slide1.html, slide10.html ..., slide2.html)

Argh. Thank you.

In the past that was not an issue, because I changed
the names to slide01, slide02, and so on. But Powerpoint
exports them without the leading zero, and I decided not
to fight that particular point.

I'll fix.

Cheers,
Hal