ANN: Snakelets 1.22 (simple-to-use web app server with dynamic pages)

Irmen de Jong

I'm happy to say that Snakelets 1.22 is available.

Snakelets is a Python web application server, mainly for educational
purposes (but it works fine, mind you). This project provides a threaded web
server, Ypages (HTML+Python language, similar to Java's JSPs) and Snakelets:
code-centric page request handlers (similar to Java's Servlets).
It is possible to run Snakelets off a CD (read-only mode).

Snakelet's focus is on understanding the way dynamic web sites are created
and make this process as easy as possible, while still providing a rich
and powerful server environment.

It's released under the open-source MIT Software license.
You can download from http://snakelets.sourceforge.net
(go to the SF project site, and then the file section).

Most relevant changes since 1.21:

- all Ypages can be precompiled at startup to check for errors
- compiled Ypages can be written to a file, to aid debugging
- small Ypage parser fixes
- fixed some threading issues
- fixed small virtualhost issue, improved config checks

To start, edit the vhost config file (see docs) and
then run serv.py script, or the monitor.py script
if you want to start it as a daemon (on Unix).

Enjoy,
--Irmen de Jong.