[ANN] spreadsheet-0.3.1

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Daniel Berger, Oct 11, 2005.

  1. Hi all,

    Version 0.3.1 of the spreadsheet package is out!

    What is it?
    A pure Ruby package for creating Excel (95) files on any platform. Also
    readable by most spreadsheet programs, such as Gnumeric, etc.

    Where is it?
    You can get it on the RAA, or from the project page at
    http://rubyspreadsheet.sf.net

    Where's the gem?
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/rubyspreadsheet/spreadsheet-excel-0.3.1.gem?download

    I don't know how to do a remote install of a gem that isn't on RubyForge. I
    tried --source without luck. If someone knows how to do that, please let us
    all know.

    What happened to 0.3.0?
    It didn't get along with rubygems. Otherwise, it's identical.

    What's new?
    Excel.new now accepts a string, fileno or IO object instead of just
    filenames. This means you should be able to stream the output instead of being
    limited to physical files.

    Fixed the "black cells" bug.

    Added the Worksheet#format_rectangle method.

    Didn't you say there wouldn't be any more releases for the Excel 95 format?
    Yeah. I lied. That's what bad people do.

    Any word on an Excel 97 format release?
    I'm working on it.

    Enjoy!

    Dan

    Daniel Berger, Oct 11, 2005

  2. Daniel Berger

    Guest

    Re: spreadsheet-0.3.1

    Daniel Berger wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Version 0.3.1 of the spreadsheet package is out!
    >
    > What is it?
    > A pure Ruby package for creating Excel (95) files on any platform. Also
    > readable by most spreadsheet programs, such as Gnumeric, etc.
    >
    > Where is it?
    > You can get it on the RAA, or from the project page at
    > http://rubyspreadsheet.sf.net
    >
    > Where's the gem?
    > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/rubyspreadsheet/spreadsheet-excel-0.3.1.gem?download
    >
    > I don't know how to do a remote install of a gem that isn't on RubyForge. I
    > tried --source without luck. If someone knows how to do that, please let us
    > all know.
    >
    > What happened to 0.3.0?
    > It didn't get along with rubygems. Otherwise, it's identical.
    >
    > What's new?
    > Excel.new now accepts a string, fileno or IO object instead of just
    > filenames. This means you should be able to stream the output instead of being
    > limited to physical files.
    >
    > Fixed the "black cells" bug.
    >
    > Added the Worksheet#format_rectangle method.
    >
    > Didn't you say there wouldn't be any more releases for the Excel 95 format?
    > Yeah. I lied. That's what bad people do.
    >
    > Any word on an Excel 97 format release?
    > I'm working on it.
    >
    > Enjoy!
    >
    > Dan

    , Oct 12, 2005

  3. Daniel Berger

    Guest

    Re: spreadsheet-0.3.1

    when can it support reading from excel on non-windows system?
    i can't find anything written by ruby about reading excel file from
    google.
    just find your project,but it only write the excel file util now.
    Daniel Berger wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Version 0.3.1 of the spreadsheet package is out!
    >
    > What is it?
    > A pure Ruby package for creating Excel (95) files on any platform. Also
    > readable by most spreadsheet programs, such as Gnumeric, etc.
    >
    > Where is it?
    > You can get it on the RAA, or from the project page at
    > http://rubyspreadsheet.sf.net
    >
    > Where's the gem?
    > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/rubyspreadsheet/spreadsheet-excel-0.3.1.gem?download
    >
    > I don't know how to do a remote install of a gem that isn't on RubyForge. I
    > tried --source without luck. If someone knows how to do that, please let us
    > all know.
    >
    > What happened to 0.3.0?
    > It didn't get along with rubygems. Otherwise, it's identical.
    >
    > What's new?
    > Excel.new now accepts a string, fileno or IO object instead of just
    > filenames. This means you should be able to stream the output instead of being
    > limited to physical files.
    >
    > Fixed the "black cells" bug.
    >
    > Added the Worksheet#format_rectangle method.
    >
    > Didn't you say there wouldn't be any more releases for the Excel 95 format?
    > Yeah. I lied. That's what bad people do.
    >
    > Any word on an Excel 97 format release?
    > I'm working on it.
    >
    > Enjoy!
    >
    > Dan