    Suggestions for improvement welcome.

    Cheers,
    Gavin

    Gavin Sinclair, Oct 30, 2003

  2. Gavin Sinclair wrote:
    > Folks,
    >
    > On the eve of my hiking holiday in New Zealand, ill-timed to clash
    > with the Rugby World Cup quarter finals, I have rushed through the
    > preparation of a fairly useful set of standard library documentation.
    >
    > See http://stdlib-doc.rubyforge.org/html/index.html
    >
    > It's all RDoc-generated. If you like what you see, and want to see
    > more, feel free to contribute some RDoc comments. They'll end up in
    > this collection soon enough with credit to contributors.
    >
    > Suggestions for improvement welcome.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Gavin

    Cool! It's already bookmarked! :)

    Is there a place where rdoc is clearly documented? I'd like to use it
    for my code too, but didn't find really good doc about it.

    Raph

    Raphael Bauduin, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Gavin Sinclair

    Kent Dahl Guest

    Gavin Sinclair wrote:
    > On the eve of my hiking holiday in New Zealand, ill-timed to clash
    > with the Rugby World Cup quarter finals, I have rushed through the
    > preparation of a fairly useful set of standard library documentation.
    >
    > See http://stdlib-doc.rubyforge.org/html/index.html

    Excellent work!

    Are these available in a nice download, or do I have to use CVS or wget
    to get a local copy?

    > It's all RDoc-generated. If you like what you see, and want to see
    > more, feel free to contribute some RDoc comments. They'll end up in
    > this collection soon enough with credit to contributors.
    >
    > Suggestions for improvement welcome.

    A small error in the TOC, which may be RDoc related:

    Notice the text is resolv for both, but probably should be
    resolv-replace for the latter, or am I missing something?

    --
    (\[ Kent Dahl ]/)_ _~_ _____[ http://www.pvv.org/~kentda/ ]_____/~
    ))\_student_/(( \__d L b__/ Master of Science in Technology )

    Kent Dahl, Oct 30, 2003
  4. il Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:48:04 +0100, Raphael Bauduin
    <> ha scritto::

    >Cool! It's already bookmarked! :)
    >
    >Is there a place where rdoc is clearly documented? I'd like to use it
    >for my code too, but didn't find really good doc about it.

    http://rdoc.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html
    I suppose :)

    gabriele renzi, Oct 30, 2003
  5. il Fri, 31 Oct 2003 00:21:03 +0900, Gavin Sinclair
    <> ha scritto::

    >Suggestions for improvement welcome.

    well, obviousl please make them avaiòable as a tar.gz , xml, chm, ri
    data file and whatever :)

    One note:
    fileutils has stuff like
    +:method+.
    I think the + is RDoc markup that gets wrongly interpreted, for all
    the Symbols.

    gabriele renzi, Oct 30, 2003
  6. Gavin Sinclair

    Guest

    gabriele renzi <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > il Fri, 31 Oct 2003 00:21:03 +0900, Gavin Sinclair
    > <> ha scritto::
    >

    > >Suggestions for improvement welcome.

    > well, obviousl please make them avaiòable as a tar.gz , xml, chm, ri
    > data file and whatever :)

    That will happen; some of it, anyway. Because I was in a hurry, I
    hacked that stuff together. But the tools are half-done to generate
    everything yourself.

    > One note:
    > fileutils has stuff like
    > +:method+.

    > I think the + is RDoc markup that gets wrongly interpreted, for all
    > the Symbols.

    Ah yeah, I got sick of typing <tt> and hoped RDoc would change. It
    didn't, so I have to go back and change it :)

    Cheers,
    Gavin

    , Oct 31, 2003
  7. Gavin Sinclair

    Guest

    Kent Dahl <> wrote in message news:<bnrnct$p3k$>...
    > Gavin Sinclair wrote:
    > > On the eve of my hiking holiday in New Zealand, ill-timed to clash
    > > with the Rugby World Cup quarter finals, I have rushed through the
    > > preparation of a fairly useful set of standard library documentation.
    > >
    > > See http://stdlib-doc.rubyforge.org/html/index.html

    > Excellent work!
    >
    > Are these available in a nice download, or do I have to use CVS or wget
    > to get a local copy?

    Not available yet, I'm afraid, and I wouldn't touch the CVS either.
    It's way out of date and I need to replace the repository from
    scratch.

    I'd like ideas on how it should be distributed, though. Initially I
    was going to commit all the generated RDoc stuff to CVS so people
    could easily get the latest. However, I think that's a bit much. I
    think I'll concentrate on the tools that allow you to generate it
    yourself, and then make documentation snapshots downloadable. In
    fact, I'll make one downloadable tonight since there's a couple of
    requests. But then no activity for two weeks!

    Another issue to consider is what docs should be shown: latest stable
    release or CVS? What if 1.8.x is out but many people are still using
    1.8.0? I'll consider these questions when it gets hosted on
    ruby-doc.org.

    A quick note on that matter. I intend to keep hosting the software on
    rubyforge, but will place the end results on ruby-doc.org for online
    viewing.

    > > It's all RDoc-generated. If you like what you see, and want to see
    > > more, feel free to contribute some RDoc comments. They'll end up in
    > > this collection soon enough with credit to contributors.
    > >
    > > Suggestions for improvement welcome.

    > A small error in the TOC, which may be RDoc related:

    > Notice the text is resolv for both, but probably should be
    > resolv-replace for the latter, or am I missing something?

    Yep, my error. Over-eagerly applying a Vim macro. Will fix.

    Cheers,
    Gavin

    , Oct 31, 2003
  8. gabriele renzi wrote:
    > il Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:48:04 +0100, Raphael Bauduin
    > <> ha scritto::
    >

    >>Cool! It's already bookmarked! :)
    >>
    >>Is there a place where rdoc is clearly documented? I'd like to use it
    >>for my code too, but didn't find really good doc about it.

    > http://rdoc.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html
    > I suppose :)

    Great! Actually I thought I was talking about rdoc , but I was talking
    about rd2 from the rdtool debian package, which is something else it seems :)

    I think I'll use rdoc from now.

    Thanks!

    Raph

    Raphael Bauduin, Oct 31, 2003