[ANN] stompserver 0.9.8 Released

Lionel Bouton

Hi,

stompserver version 0.9.8 has been released!

* <by Patrick Hurley, Lionel Bouton>
* <http://stompserver.rubyforge.org/>

Stomp messaging server with file/dbm/memory/activerecord based FIFO
queues, queue monitoring, and basic authentication.

Changes:

## 0.9.8 / 16 Aug 2007

* Several storage backends instead of Madeleine (allow tradeoffs between
robustness with ActiveRecord and speed with memory with intermediary
solutions based on file or dbm storages).
* Better load distribution between clients acknowledging messages after
processing them.
* Monitoring support through a dedicated queue.

As I'm currently working on a project where I need distributed
processing, I extended Stompserver to fit my needs. This release is a
partial cleanup and enhancement of a development branch by snacktime.

There's still some cleanup to do and the dbm backend should be
considered alpha-quality at best. But it worksforme(tm) and has been
distributing tens of thousands of message since its last restart without
a hitch (with the memory backend).

If you want performance and can afford message loss, use the memory
backend. If you want transactional message processing (messages are
stored in database until a client can process them and reloaded when the
server restarts), you can use the activerecord backend (configuration
details with activerecord migration in the documentation).

Happy message processing,

Lionel

PS: I can provide a Gentoo ebuild which installs an init.d script and a
default conf file on request (it's pending more code cleanups before
submission to the distribution).