[ANN] stompserver 0.9.8 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Lionel Bouton, Aug 16, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    stompserver version 0.9.8 has been released!

    * <by Patrick Hurley, Lionel Bouton>
    * <http://stompserver.rubyforge.org/>

    Stomp messaging server with file/dbm/memory/activerecord based FIFO
    queues, queue monitoring, and basic authentication.

    Changes:

    ## 0.9.8 / 16 Aug 2007

    * Several storage backends instead of Madeleine (allow tradeoffs between
    robustness with ActiveRecord and speed with memory with intermediary
    solutions based on file or dbm storages).
    * Better load distribution between clients acknowledging messages after
    processing them.
    * Monitoring support through a dedicated queue.

    As I'm currently working on a project where I need distributed
    processing, I extended Stompserver to fit my needs. This release is a
    partial cleanup and enhancement of a development branch by snacktime.

    There's still some cleanup to do and the dbm backend should be
    considered alpha-quality at best. But it worksforme(tm) and has been
    distributing tens of thousands of message since its last restart without
    a hitch (with the memory backend).

    If you want performance and can afford message loss, use the memory
    backend. If you want transactional message processing (messages are
    stored in database until a client can process them and reloaded when the
    server restarts), you can use the activerecord backend (configuration
    details with activerecord migration in the documentation).

    Happy message processing,

    Lionel

    PS: I can provide a Gentoo ebuild which installs an init.d script and a
    default conf file on request (it's pending more code cleanups before
    submission to the distribution).

    Lionel Bouton, Aug 16, 2007