[ANN] Sup 0.4 released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by William Morgan, Jan 23, 2008.

  1. Sup version 0.4 has been released!

    http://sup.rubyforge.org

    Sup is a console-based email client for people with a lot of email.
    It supports tagging, very fast full-text search, automatic contact-
    list management, and more. If you're the type of person who treats
    email as an extension of your long-term memory, Sup is for you.

    Sup makes it easy to:
    - Handle massive amounts of email.

    - Mix email from different sources: mbox files (even across different
    machines), Maildir directories, IMAP folders, POP accounts, and
    GMail accounts.

    - Instantaneously search over your entire email collection. Search
    over body text, or use a query language to combine search
    predicates in any way.

    - Handle multiple accounts. Replying to email sent to a particular
    account will use the correct SMTP server, signature, and from
    address.

    - Add custom code to handle certain types of messages or to handle
    certain types of text within messages.

    - Organize email with user-defined labels, automatically track
    recent contacts, and much more!

    The goal of Sup is to become the email client of choice for nerds
    everywhere.

    Changes:

    ## 0.4 / 2008-01-23
    * GPG support for signing and encrypting outgoing mail
    * New hooks: mime attachment, attribution line
    * Improved local charset detection using gettext library
    * Better quoted region detection
    * Many bugfixes and UI improvements

    --
    William <>

    William Morgan, Jan 23, 2008

  2. William Morgan

    Junkone Guest

    Re: Sup 0.4 released

    On Jan 23, 1:12 pm, William Morgan <>
    wrote:
    > Sup version 0.4 has been released!
    >
    > http://sup.rubyforge.org
    >
    > Sup is a console-based email client for people with a lot of email.
    > It supports tagging, very fast full-text search, automatic contact-
    > list management, and more. If you're the type of person who treats
    > email as an extension of your long-term memory, Sup is for you.
    >
    > Sup makes it easy to:
    > - Handle massive amounts of email.
    >
    > - Mix email from different sources: mbox files (even across different
    >   machines), Maildir directories, IMAP folders, POP accounts, and
    >   GMail accounts.
    >
    > - Instantaneously search over your entire email collection. Search
    >   over body text, or use a query language to combine search
    >   predicates in any way.
    >
    > - Handle multiple accounts. Replying to email sent to a particular
    >   account will use the correct SMTP server, signature, and from
    >   address.
    >
    > - Add custom code to handle certain types of messages or to handle
    >   certain types of text within messages.
    >
    > - Organize email with user-defined labels, automatically track
    >   recent contacts, and much more!
    >
    > The goal of Sup is to become the email client of choice for nerds
    > everywhere.
    >
    > Changes:
    >
    > ## 0.4 / 2008-01-23
    > * GPG support for signing and encrypting outgoing mail
    > * New hooks: mime attachment, attribution line
    > * Improved local charset detection using gettext library
    > * Better quoted region detection
    > * Many bugfixes and UI improvements
    >
    > --
    > William <>

    does it support hotmail accounts

    Junkone, Jan 23, 2008

  3. Re: Sup 0.4 released

    Reformatted excerpts from junkone1's message of 2008-01-23:
    > does it support hotmail accounts

    No, until Hotmail supports IMAP, which may or may not happen.

    --
    William <>

    wmorgan-ruby-talk, Jan 23, 2008
  4. Daniel Lucraft, Jan 24, 2008
  5. Re: Sup 0.4 released

    Reformatted excerpts from Daniel Lucraft's message of 2008-01-24:
    > Can I import mail from Thunderbird?

    According to the Thunderbird FAQ, it stores email in mbox format, so
    yes.

    --
    William <>

    wmorgan-ruby-talk, Jan 24, 2008