[ANN] TeX::Hyphen 0.4.0

Austin Ziegler

It is with great pleasure that I announce the release of TeX::Hyphen 0.4.0, the
last planned release of TeX::Hyphen. No features have been disabled, but it
appears that it will not work well with non US hyphenation definitions; a
replacement library is being created that changes the API significantly to
accommodate this.

You can find this release on RubyForge under the Text::Format project:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=294

or in the RubyGems list. I suspect that there wlll be a RPA release at some
point in the near future.

This release changes nothing in the core TeX::Hyphen mechanism, but adds a
RubyGem and a new program, bin/hyphen, to hyphenate words from the command-
line. It is a suitable demonstration program of TeX::Hyphen.

Only bugs relating to the core operation of this library or the demonstration
program will be accepted; nothing related to the interpretation of external TeX
format hyphenation files will be accepted.

I am currently working on the replacement library to TeX::Hyphen. This new
library will be called Text::Hyphen. Unlike TeX::Hyphen, Text::Hyphen will not
support the reading of TeX hyphenation files, although the recognised
hyphenation rule patterns will still be based on the TeX format. There are a
variety of reasons for this that will be discussed when this new library is
released.

-austin