[ANN] TeX::Hyphen 0.4.0

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Austin Ziegler, Dec 10, 2004.

  1. It is with great pleasure that I announce the release of TeX::Hyphen 0.4.0, the
    last planned release of TeX::Hyphen. No features have been disabled, but it
    appears that it will not work well with non US hyphenation definitions; a
    replacement library is being created that changes the API significantly to
    accommodate this.

    You can find this release on RubyForge under the Text::Format project:

    http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=294

    or in the RubyGems list. I suspect that there wlll be a RPA release at some
    point in the near future.

    This release changes nothing in the core TeX::Hyphen mechanism, but adds a
    RubyGem and a new program, bin/hyphen, to hyphenate words from the command-
    line. It is a suitable demonstration program of TeX::Hyphen.

    Only bugs relating to the core operation of this library or the demonstration
    program will be accepted; nothing related to the interpretation of external TeX
    format hyphenation files will be accepted.

    I am currently working on the replacement library to TeX::Hyphen. This new
    library will be called Text::Hyphen. Unlike TeX::Hyphen, Text::Hyphen will not
    support the reading of TeX hyphenation files, although the recognised
    hyphenation rule patterns will still be based on the TeX format. There are a
    variety of reasons for this that will be discussed when this new library is
    released.

    -austin
    --
    Austin Ziegler *