ANN: Tftpy 0.1 - Pure Python TFTP Library

Discussion in 'Python' started by msoulier, Oct 5, 2006.

  1. msoulier

    msoulier Guest

    Announcing new project, Tftpy, a Pure Python TFTP implementation.

    About Release 0.1:
    ==================

    This is an initial release in the spirit of "release early, release
    often". Currently the sample client works, supporting RFC 1350. The
    server is not yet implemented, and RFC 2347 and 2348 support (variable
    block sizes) is underway, planned for 0.2.

    About Tftpy:
    ============

    Tftpy is a TFTP library for the Python programming language. It
    includes client and server classes, with sample implementations. Hooks
    are included for easy inclusion in a UI for populating progress
    indicators. It supports RFCs 1350, 2347 and 2348.

    This library was developed against Python 2.4.1.

    Project page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tftpy/

    License is the CNRI Python License.
    http://www.opensource.org/licenses/pythonpl.php

    msoulier, Oct 5, 2006

  2. msoulier

    msoulier Guest

    msoulier wrote:
    > Announcing new project, Tftpy, a Pure Python TFTP implementation.
    >
    > About Release 0.1:
    >
    > This is an initial release in the spirit of "release early, release
    > often". Currently the sample client works, supporting RFC 1350. The
    > server is not yet implemented, and RFC 2347 and 2348 support (variable
    > block sizes) is underway, planned for 0.2.

    Update on that, RFC 2347 and 2348 support wasn't difficult, so I just
    pushed out release 0.2.

    Enjoy,
    Mike

    msoulier, Oct 5, 2006