ANN: TLS Lite 0.2.0

Trevor Perrin

Hi all,

I'd like to announce TLS Lite v0.2.0 (the first public release, despite
appearances...).

TLS Lite is a pure-python, public domain SSL/TLS library. It has minimal
support for X.509 certificates, but focuses on up-and-coming authentication
methods like SRP [1], shared-keys [2], and cryptoIDs [3].

These methods are easier to use than PKI. They're also barely out of the
oven - the first two are Internet-Drafts, and the last is something I made
up. It's fun stuff to mess with, but keep in mind that the drafts may
change, and the code's alpha quality..

Other highlights:
- SSL v3 and TLS v1 support
- Pure python
- with AES, throughput ~25 KB/sec, on a P4 1.7 Ghz
- with RC4, throughput ~250 KB/sec
- Can use cryptlib [4] or OpenSSL/M2crypto [5] for faster ciphers & math:
- throughput ~6 MB/sec
- Integrates with httplib and SocketServer framework

Home Page and Download

Feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Trevor