ANN: TLS Lite 0.2.0

Discussion in 'Python' started by Trevor Perrin, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I'd like to announce TLS Lite v0.2.0 (the first public release, despite
    appearances...).

    TLS Lite is a pure-python, public domain SSL/TLS library. It has minimal
    support for X.509 certificates, but focuses on up-and-coming authentication
    methods like SRP [1], shared-keys [2], and cryptoIDs [3].

    These methods are easier to use than PKI. They're also barely out of the
    oven - the first two are Internet-Drafts, and the last is something I made
    up. It's fun stuff to mess with, but keep in mind that the drafts may
    change, and the code's alpha quality..

    Other highlights:
    - SSL v3 and TLS v1 support
    - Pure python
    - with AES, throughput ~25 KB/sec, on a P4 1.7 Ghz
    - with RC4, throughput ~250 KB/sec
    - Can use cryptlib [4] or OpenSSL/M2crypto [5] for faster ciphers & math:
    - throughput ~6 MB/sec
    - Integrates with httplib and SocketServer framework

    Home Page and Download

    Feedback is much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Trevor