    Mike Stok <>
    http://www.stok.co.uk/~mike/

    The "`Stok' disclaimers" apply.
    Mike Stok, Jan 2, 2006

  2. Mike Stok

    Chad Perrin Guest

    On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 07:33:07AM +0900, Mike Stok wrote:
    > Happy new year to everyone.
    >
    > The next meeting of the Toronto Ruby User Group is on Sunday 8
    > January 2006 at the Linux Caffe at 13:00. http://www.trug.ca/
    > Sun_Jan_08%2C_2006

    Holy cow. You have a cafe just for Linux users?

    Chad Perrin, Jan 2, 2006

  3. [OT] Re: [ANN] Toronto Ruby User Group meeting Sun 8 Jan 2005

    On Jan 2, 2006, at 11:24 PM, Bryan Rieger wrote:

    > Austin Ziegler wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah. You know how tolerant Toronto is ;)
    >>
    >> Linux Caffe has its own website at http://linuxcaffe.ca/. With one
    >> exception (the ATM), I think that everything electronic in the store
    >> is running something open source.
    >>

    > Wow! As a former Torontonian (now living in Vancouver) let me just
    > say - that is friggin' cool.
    > I'm assuming it's in the Annex and not Bay Street, but regardless -
    > awesome!

    Good call! Annex 'south'... Grace and Harbord. I've been going by
    this by car for months and never noticed it. A very nice little
    place, and they won't kick you out if you use windows or osx. Though
    the windows patrons might have to endure the various 're-education'
    efforts inflicted upon them by their fellow customers... though they
    seemed to have left Austin alone last meeting :)

    > Bryan

    ----
    Bob Hutchison -- blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/
    hutch/>
    Recursive Design Inc. -- <http://www.recursive.ca/>
    Raconteur -- <http://www.raconteur.info/>
    xampl for Ruby -- <http://rubyforge.org/projects/xampl/>
    Bob Hutchison, Jan 3, 2006
  4. Re: [OT] Re: [ANN] Toronto Ruby User Group meeting Sun 8 Jan 2005

    On 03/01/06, Bob Hutchison <> wrote:
    > On Jan 2, 2006, at 11:24 PM, Bryan Rieger wrote:
    > > Austin Ziegler wrote:
    > >> Yeah. You know how tolerant Toronto is ;)
    > >> Linux Caffe has its own website at http://linuxcaffe.ca/. With one
    > >> exception (the ATM), I think that everything electronic in the store
    > >> is running something open source.

    > > Wow! As a former Torontonian (now living in Vancouver) let me just
    > > say - that is friggin' cool.
    > > I'm assuming it's in the Annex and not Bay Street, but regardless -
    > > awesome!

    > Good call! Annex 'south'... Grace and Harbord. I've been going by
    > this by car for months and never noticed it. A very nice little
    > place, and they won't kick you out if you use windows or osx. Though
    > the windows patrons might have to endure the various 're-education'
    > efforts inflicted upon them by their fellow customers... though they
    > seemed to have left Austin alone last meeting :)

    I think they leave me alone because they know that the main laptop I
    have been using isn't supportable under Linux (not without losing ~80%
    of the functionality). ;)

    -austin
    --
    Austin Ziegler *
    * Alternate:
    Austin Ziegler, Jan 3, 2006
  5. Mike Stok

    Sy Ali Guest

    On 1/3/06, Austin Ziegler <> wrote:
    > I think they leave me alone because they know that the main laptop I
    > have been using isn't supportable under Linux (not without losing ~80%
    > of the functionality). ;)

    Yeah, if you boot off a linux livecd you can't even turn the screen! ;)
    Sy Ali, Jan 4, 2006