[ANN] Transaction::Simple 1.4.0 Released

Austin Ziegler

After nearly two years, Transaction::Simple 1.4.0 has been released.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/trans-simple

Transaction::Simple provides a generic way to add active transaction
support to objects. The transaction methods added by this module will work
with most objects, excluding those that cannot be Marshal-ed (bindings,
procedure objects, IO instances, or singleton objects).

Changes:

== Transaction::Simple 1.4.0 / 2007.02.03

* Adding a post-rewind hook (#_post_transaction_rewind) so that complex
graph objects can correct themselves after rewinding. See the
documentation for #rewind_transaction and tests/tc_broken_graph.rb for
more information.
* Removed all warnings.
* Deprecated the #transaction method.
* Various administrative changes:
- Converted to a hoe-driven project.
- Made the gem and .tar.gz files idempotent.
- Cleaned up the code a little further.
- Changed non-gem installer to setup.rb version 3.4.1.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/trans-simple

Gregory Brown

After nearly two years, Transaction::Simple 1.4.0 has been released.

Good work Austin! Exciting to hear this.

Hey... i'll probably have some pretty neat high level PDF generation
stuff in Ruport in a couple weeks, I'll pass along examples when I do.
(Maybe some of our helper methods will spark ideas for the big
PDF::Writer rewrite)