[ANN] Trollop 1.7.1 released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by William Morgan, Jan 8, 2008.

  1. Trollop version 1.7.1 has been released!

    * <http://trollop.rubyforge.org>

    ## DESCRIPTION

    Trollop is YAFCLAP --- yet another fine commandline argument processor
    for Ruby. Trollop is designed to provide the maximal amount of GNU-style
    argument processing in the minimum number of lines of code (for you, the
    programmer).

    - Simple usage.
    - Sensible defaults. No tweaking necessary, much tweaking possible.
    - Support for long options, short options, short option bundling,
    and automatic type validation and conversion.
    - Automatic help message generation, wrapped to current screen width.
    - Lots of unit tests.

    Synopsis

    ###### simple ######

    require 'trollop'
    opts = Trollop::eek:ptions do
    opt :monkey, "Use monkey mode"
    opt :goat, "Use goat mode", :default => true
    opt :num_limbs, "Set number of limbs", :default => 4
    end

    p opts

    ###### medium ######

    require 'trollop'
    opts = Trollop::eek:ptions do
    version "test 1.2.3 (c) 2007 William Morgan"
    banner <<-EOS
    Test is an awesome program that does something very, very important.

    Usage:
    test [options] <filenames>+
    where [options] are:
    EOS

    opt :ignore, "Ignore incorrect values"
    opt :file, "Extra data filename to read in, with a very long option description like this one", :type => String
    opt :volume, "Volume level", :default => 3.0
    opt :iters, "Number of iterations", :default => 5
    end
    Trollop::die :volume, "must be non-negative" if opts[:volume] < 0
    Trollop::die :file, "must exist" unless File.exist?(opts[:file]) if opts[:file]

    Changes:

    ## 1.7.1 / 2008-01-07
    * Documentation improvements

    * <http://trollop.rubyforge.org>

    --
    William <>

    William Morgan, Jan 8, 2008

  2. William Morgan

    thefed Guest

    What changes were made?

    BTW, I LOVE trollop and use it exclusively.

    thefed, Jan 8, 2008

  3. Excerpts from thefed's message of Tue Jan 08 13:46:10 -0800 2008:
    > What changes were made?

    Just documentation changes. A couple things were updated, and the
    synopsis is now on the front page of the rdoc, by popular demand.

    > BTW, I LOVE trollop and use it exclusively.

    Thanks!

    --
    William <>

    wmorgan-ruby-talk, Jan 9, 2008