[ANN] UPnP 1.0.0 Released

Eric Hodel

UPnP version 1.0.0 has been released!

* http://seattlerb.org/UPnP - UPnP documentation
* http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=5921&group_id=1513 - UPnP bug
reports

UPnP-1.0.0 is an implementation of the UPnP protocol. The 1.0 release:

* Discovers UPnP devices and services via SSDP, see UPnP::SSDP
* Creates a SOAP RPC driver for discovered services, see
UPnP::Control::Service
* Creates concrete UPnP device and service classes that may be
extended with
utility methods, see UPnP::Control::Device::create,
UPnP::Control::Service::create and the UPnP-IGD gem.
* Does not support eventing
* Does not support server creation

UPnP comes with `upnp_discover` which searches for UPnP devices and
dumps information about them and `upnp_listen` which will listen for
device notifications.

Michael Morin

Eric said:
UPnP version 1.0.0 has been released!

* http://seattlerb.org/UPnP - UPnP documentation
* http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=5921&group_id=1513 - UPnP bug reports

UPnP-1.0.0 is an implementation of the UPnP protocol. The 1.0 release:

* Discovers UPnP devices and services via SSDP, see UPnP::SSDP
* Creates a SOAP RPC driver for discovered services, see
UPnP::Control::Service
* Creates concrete UPnP device and service classes that may be extended
with
utility methods, see UPnP::Control::Device::create,
UPnP::Control::Service::create and the UPnP-IGD gem.
* Does not support eventing
* Does not support server creation

UPnP comes with `upnp_discover` which searches for UPnP devices and
dumps information about them and `upnp_listen` which will listen for
device notifications.

I think there may be a dependency problem with your GemSpec. The UPnP
gem wouldn't work until I installed the soap4r gem, it should probably
be a dependency.

I got the following error:

irb(main):001:0> require 'UPnP'
Gem::LoadError: Could not find RubyGem soap4r (>= 0)

--
Michael Morin
Guide to Ruby

Eric Hodel

I think there may be a dependency problem with your GemSpec. The
UPnP gem wouldn't work until I installed the soap4r gem, it should
probably be a dependency.

I got the following error:

irb(main):001:0> require 'UPnP'
Gem::LoadError: Could not find RubyGem soap4r (>= 0)

Yes, I am a bad person.