[ANN] VAOR 0.70, support for transactions

Oliver M. Bolzer

Hi!

I'm happy to announce the release of VAPOR 0.70. This release adds
support for transactions. All operations that modify a persistent
object must be done in the context of a transaction now (or use
AutoCommit-Mode).

This is still beta-software, I suppose there are still plenty of bugs
(especially in rollback and unsucceeded commit code) but I'd greatly
appreciate it if anybody tries it out.

The software is available from RAA, below is an excerpt from the CHANGES
file.

Version 0.70 (tagged 4 Jul 2003, revision 211)

Features:
* support for transactions, with ACID-characteristics using optimistic
locking
* new method Persistable#refresh_persistent, reloads persistent
attributes with values currently in Datastore
* new method Persistable#revision, returns number of times changes
to the object have been commited since it's creation

Next I will be working on Versioning, where all previous revisions of an
object will be kept together with the transaction log for audit and
reverting purposes.

PS: The previous version was intendet to be 0.06, but my fingers typed
0.60 at various places, so I keep that numbering scheme.