[ANN] VAOR 0.70, support for transactions

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Oliver M. Bolzer, Jul 4, 2003.

  1. Hi!

    I'm happy to announce the release of VAPOR 0.70. This release adds
    support for transactions. All operations that modify a persistent
    object must be done in the context of a transaction now (or use
    AutoCommit-Mode).

    This is still beta-software, I suppose there are still plenty of bugs
    (especially in rollback and unsucceeded commit code) but I'd greatly
    appreciate it if anybody tries it out.

    The software is available from RAA, below is an excerpt from the CHANGES
    file.

    Version 0.70 (tagged 4 Jul 2003, revision 211)

    Features:
    * support for transactions, with ACID-characteristics using optimistic
    locking
    * new method Persistable#refresh_persistent, reloads persistent
    attributes with values currently in Datastore
    * new method Persistable#revision, returns number of times changes
    to the object have been commited since it's creation

    Next I will be working on Versioning, where all previous revisions of an
    object will be kept together with the transaction log for audit and
    reverting purposes.

    PS: The previous version was intendet to be 0.06, but my fingers typed
    0.60 at various places, so I keep that numbering scheme.

    --
    Oliver M. Bolzer

    GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761 018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF
    Oliver M. Bolzer, Jul 4, 2003