[ANN] Vim/Ruby Configuration Files, 2005.09.15

Doug Kearns

G'day folks,

A new release of Vim/Ruby has just been uploaded to RubyForge.

The most significant new feature for this release is preliminary eRuby
support - a compiler plugin, filetype plugin and syntax file. The
compiler plugin currently only works with eruby but erb will also be
supported once Ruby 1.8.3 has been released. As the author of these
files does not actually use eRuby any feedback would be much
appreciated.

There have also been many improvements made to the Ruby syntax, indent
and ftplugin files; see NEWS and ChangeLog for more details.

NOTE: the installer vim-ruby-install.rb is new for this release and
users are encouraged to make a manual backup of their vim-ruby runtime
files if they've made any significant local modifications.

Thanks go to Ned Konz for his ftplugin which provided many ideas:
http://bike-nomad.com/vim/ruby.vim

Also, many thanks to Michael Brailsford for providing the only eRuby
syntax file available to the community, prior to this release:

Regards,
Doug (for the Vim-Ruby Team)

http://vim-ruby.rubyforge.org/
http://rubyforge.org/projects/vim-ruby/

umitanuki

Hi, greate thanks to this work.

I have wanted to use eRuby color support for vim. So, useful.

BTH, isn't it possible to make background highlight on some strings??
I guess eRuby parts of strings had better to be highlighted...

just idea,
Regards

umitanuki

Doug Kearns

Hi, greate thanks to this work.

I have wanted to use eRuby color support for vim. So, useful.

BTH, isn't it possible to make background highlight on some strings??
I guess eRuby parts of strings had better to be highlighted...

We'll look at working this into the next release; at least as an option.

Regards,
Doug

Thomas Kirchner

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

* On Sep 15 15:13 said:
A new release of Vim/Ruby has just been uploaded to RubyForge.

Thank you very much. vim-ruby makes life happy :D

(I'm tempted to make a "when ruby and vim unite" joke here. No, I=20
won't.)
Tom

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj--