[ANN] Vlad the Deployer 1.1.0 Released

Ryan Davis

Vlad version 1.1.0 has been released!

* <http://rubyhitsquad.com/>
* <http://rubyforge.org/projects/hitsquad/>

Vlad the Deployer is pragmatic application deployment automation,
without mercy. Much like Capistrano, but with 1/10th the
complexity. Vlad integrates seamlessly with Rake, and uses familiar
and standard tools like ssh and rsync.

Impale your application on the heartless spike of the Deployer.

## FEATURES/PROBLEMS:

* Full deployment automation stack.
* Turnkey deployment for mongrel+apache+svn.
* Supports single server deployment with just 3 variables defined.
* Built on rake. Easy. Engine is small.
* Very few dependencies. All simple.
* Uses ssh with your ssh settings already in place.
* Uses rsync for efficient transfers.
* Run remote commands on one or more servers.
* Mix and match local and remote tasks.
* Compatible with all of your tab completion shell script rake-tastic
goodness.
* Ships with tests that actually pass in 0.028 seconds!
* Does NOT support Windows right now (we think). Coming soon in 1.2.

Changes:

## 1.1.0 / 2007-09-12

* 3 major enhancements:
* Vlad.load now takes a hash of recipe overrides, eg:
Vlad.load :web => :nginx.
See rdoc for defaults.
* Removed vlad_tasks.rb and split into vlad/apache.rb, vlad/
mongrel.rb,
and vlad/core.rb.
* The flog ratio between capistrano+deps / vlad+deps is pi (or,
damn close)!
* 12 minor enhancements:
* Added $TRACE to make it more available and cleaner to read.
* Added :svn_cmd variable.
* Added Rake.clear_tasks *str_or_regexp
* Added debug and mana_from_heaven tasks to Rakefile.
* Added more documentation.
* Added :rsync_cmd and :rsync_flags.
* Added :ssh_cmd and :ssh_flags.
* Added variable expansion to vlad:debug task.
* Removed :scm variable. Now a Vlad.load component/flavor/need-a-
word-here.
* Removed :application var. Use it if you want it. We don't
require it.
* Renamed :p4cmd to :p4_cmd.
* Renamed :rake var to :rake_cmd.
* 2 (important) bug fixes:
* HUGE: Fixed sudo hang bug #13072. Fix suggested by Chris Van Pelt.
* HUGE: Vlad.load calls user config last, allowing variable
overrides.
ACK! Sorry!