[ANN] webgen 0.5.7 released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Thomas Leitner, Feb 27, 2009.

  1. Hey everybody!
    --------------

    webgen 0.5.7 has just been released! If you don't know what webgen is,
    read the "What's webgen?" section down below.

    This announcement is also available at
    http://webgen.rubyforge.org/news/release_0_5_7.html

    Although this is a just a minor interim release, the 0.5.x series is
    declared stable with this release and should be used instead of the old
    stable 0.4.x series! The one exception is when you rely on features of
    the 0.4.x series that have not been ported to 0.5.x yet.

    Aside from this this release brings some new features, various issues
    were fixed and the homepage was updated sothat the current version and
    release date are visible from the start page.

    Changes
    -------

    * Major enhancements:

    - 0.5.x series declared the new stable webgen series

    * Minor enhancements:

    - Added two very useful options to [ContentProcessor::Blocks][1]
    - Added one new option to [Tag::LangBar][3]
    - Added `.ico` as extension that is handled by
    [SourceHandler::Copy][2] (suggested by Matthias Kirschner)
    - Added detection of non webgen website
    - Updated API and user documentation
    - Current webgen version and release date visible on start date (tip
    from Sebastian Gassner)
    - The webgen CLI now uses the environment variable `WEBGEN_WEBSITE`
    instead of the current directory as the location of the webgen
    website if the switch `-d` is not specified

    * Bug fixes:

    - Fixed a small bug in Common::Sitemap: directories with just an
    index file did not appear in the sitemap (reported by Damien Robert)
    - Removed causes of Ruby code warnings

    [1]: http://webgen.rubyforge.org/documentation/contentprocessor/blocks.html
    [2]: http://webgen.rubyforge.org/documentation/sourcehandler/copy.html
    [3]: http://webgen.rubyforge.org/documentation/tag/langbar.html

    What's webgen?
    --------------

    webgen is a tool to generate static websites by combining content
    with template files. You create one or more template files in which
    you define the layout of your page and where the content should go.
    After that you create page files in which you only define the
    content. You can use a variety of markup languages like Textile or
    Markdown or Haml to define your content and you can add dynamic parts
    via ERB or by using webgen tags. This allows the automatic generation
    of menus, breadcrumb trails and much more!

    Installation
    ------------

    gem install webgen

    Usage
    -----

    See http://webgen.rubyforge.org/documentation/
    Thomas Leitner, Feb 27, 2009

  2. Thomas Leitner schrieb:
    > Hey everybody!
    > --------------
    >
    > webgen 0.5.7 has just been released! If you don't know what webgen is,

    [...]

    > Installation
    > ------------
    >
    > gem install webgen

    just wanted to update my webgen install on opensuse 11 /
    ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114) [i586-linux] /
    gem 0.9.2 =

    gem update webgen
    Updating installed gems...
    Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
    Attempting remote update of webgen

    Thanks for choosing webgen! Here are some places to get you started:
    * The webgen User Documentation at
    <http://webgen.rubyforge.org/documentation/index.html>

    Have a look at <http://webgen.rubyforge.org/news/index.html> for a list
    of changes!

    Have fun!

    Successfully installed webgen-0.5.6
    Installing ri documentation for webgen-0.5.6...
    Installing RDoc documentation for webgen-0.5.6...
    Gems: [webgen] updated

    but got webgen-0.5.6 only ?!

    Regards, Gilbert
    Gilbert Rebhan, Feb 27, 2009

  3. Thomas Leitner

    Thomas Guest

    Re: webgen 0.5.7 released

    On Feb 27, 10:44 pm, Gilbert Rebhan <> wrote:
    > just wanted to update mywebgeninstall on opensuse 11 /
    > ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114) [i586-linux] /
    > gem 0.9.2 =

    Try updating rubygems to the at least version 1.3.0 - I have already
    installed webgen via rubygems on several computers.

    Regards,
    Thomas
    Thomas, Feb 28, 2009
  4. Re: webgen 0.5.7 released

    Thomas schrieb:
    > Try updating rubygems to the at least version 1.3.0 - I have already
    > installed webgen via rubygems on several computers.

    OK, after updating rubygems to 1.3.1 via =
    gem update --system
    Updating RubyGems...
    and
    gem update webgen