[ANN] whichr (windows friendly which written in ruby) 0.3.5

Roger Pack

I am pleased to announce release 0.3.5 of the "whichr" gem.

Its purpose: to be a user friendly which command for windows.

New stuffs:

now outputs faster ("as it finds the files")
now shows platform appropriate path separator right [ \'s on windows]
now has a "-a" command, to show all files (executable and non
executable)
ex:

C:\> whichr abc* -a # looks for any file in the path named abc*

Installation:
gem install whichr

Bugs:
Currently doze only [ask if you want this for Linux].

More info:
http://github.com/rdp/whichr

Shawn Skriver

Roger said:
I am pleased to announce release 0.3.5 of the "whichr" gem.

Its purpose: to be a user friendly which command for windows.

New stuffs:

now outputs faster ("as it finds the files")
now shows platform appropriate path separator right [ \'s on windows]
now has a "-a" command, to show all files (executable and non
executable)
ex:

C:\> whichr abc* -a # looks for any file in the path named abc*

Installation:
gem install whichr

Bugs:
Currently doze only [ask if you want this for Linux].

More info:
http://github.com/rdp/whichr

I am running Windows XP Pro SP3+, Ruby 1.8.6.

When trying to install 'whichr' I get the following:

C:\Docume~1\skrivsm>gem install --remote whichr
ERROR: Error installing whichr:
sane requires os (>= 0, runtime)

I was able to install 'gem-sane-binary' but get a similar error when
trying to install 'sane':

C:\Docume~1\skrivsm>gem install --remote sane
ERROR: Error installing sane:
sane requires os (>= 0, runtime)

I was able to install 'rogerdpack-sane'. Subsequently trying to install
'whichr' results in the same 'requires os ...' error.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Shawn

Roger Pack

C:\Docume~1\skrivsm>gem install --remote whichr
ERROR: Error installing whichr:
sane requires os (>= 0, runtime)

yeah this is some odd error with rubygems.
Try doing a "gem install os" then "gem install whichr" and report back
:)
-r
I was able to install 'gem-sane-binary' but get a similar error when
trying to install 'sane':

what do you mean by "gem-sane-binary"?

Roger Pack

C:\Users\skrivsm>gem search --remote sane

*** REMOTE GEMS ***

gem-sane-binary (0.1.1)
rogerdpack-sane (0.2.0, 0.1.9, 0.1.8, 0.1.7)
sane (0.17.0)

gotcha.
Yeah that one's not related :)
-r