[ANN] win32-event 0.1.0

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Berger, Daniel, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I'm happy to announce the release of win32-event 0.1.0. This is an
    extension for native event objects on the Win32 platform. It was
    modelled somewhat on Perl's Win32::Event package, although there are
    some differences.

    Where is it?
    ============
    You can find the win32-event package, and all other win32utils packages,
    at http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils/. It's also listed on the
    RAA.

    What's it good for?
    Good question! I wrote this because I thought I might eventually need
    it for a future package that allows Ruby programs to be run as Services.
    It may also come in handy someday for native threads, overlapped I/O
    operations, named pipes, or communication devices. If you come up with
    a good use, please let us all know!

    Please note any comments/suggestions/bug reports on the project page.

    Enjoy!

    Dan

    Berger, Daniel, Jan 19, 2004