[ANN] win32-event 0.1.0

Berger, Daniel

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the release of win32-event 0.1.0. This is an
extension for native event objects on the Win32 platform. It was
modelled somewhat on Perl's Win32::Event package, although there are
some differences.

Where is it?
============
You can find the win32-event package, and all other win32utils packages,
at http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils/. It's also listed on the
RAA.

What's it good for?
Good question! I wrote this because I thought I might eventually need
it for a future package that allows Ruby programs to be run as Services.
It may also come in handy someday for native threads, overlapped I/O
operations, named pipes, or communication devices. If you come up with
a good use, please let us all know!

Please note any comments/suggestions/bug reports on the project page.

Enjoy!

Dan