[ANN] win32-pipe 0.0.1

Daniel Berger

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announced the release of win32-pipe
0.0.1. This in an interface for named pipes on the
Win32 platform (NT, 2000, XP). This is an *alpha*
release.

What's a named pipe?
====================
A pipe with a name - literally. In practice, it will
feel more like a cross between a socket and a pipe.
At least, it does to me.

What good is it?
================
My *hope* is that it can be used in certain
circumstances where a fork might be desirable, but
which is not possible on Win32. It can also be used
in a fashion similar to a socket server.

Why is it alpha?
================
I haven't completely settled on the API yet, so it's
subject to change. You can see more under the 'future
plans' section of the docs.

Where is it?
============
Available at http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils/
and on the RAA.

I'm definitely looking for folks to test this out and
let me know what they think of the interface and if
they have any creative uses for it.

Enjoy!

Dan

PS - Thanks for that bit of help Park. Yes, I spaced
out. ;)

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/