[ANN] win32-taskscheduler 0.0.1

Daniel Berger

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the first (BETA) release of win32-taskscheduler.

What is it?
===========
A Ruby interface for generating, configuring or deleting tasks for the
Windows Task Scheduler (i.e. Windows' version of cron).

Where is it?
============
You can find win32-taskscheduler on the RAA or the project home page
at http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils

Synopsis
========
require "win32/taskscheduler"
include Win32

t = TaskScheduler.new

trigger = {
:start_year => 2004,
:start_month => 4,
:start_day => 25,
:start_hour => 23,
:start_minute => 5,
:trigger_type => TaskScheduler::MONTHLY_DOW,
:type => {
:weeks => TaskScheduler::FIRST | TaskScheduler::LAST,
:days_of_week => TaskScheduler::MONDAY | TaskScheduler::FRIDAY,
:months => TaskScheduler::APRIL | TaskScheduler::MAY

t.new_work_item("foo",trigger)
t.application_name = "notepad.exe"
t.save

Enjoy!

The Win32 Utils team

gabriele renzi

il 24 Apr 2004 07:20:43 -0700, (e-mail address removed) (Daniel Berger) ha
scritto::
Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the first (BETA) release of win32-taskscheduler.

nice thanks for this.
Just a little request: would it be possible to provide some compiled
version for win32-utils ?

And, why did you choose to use c extensions ?
Would'nt be better to use ruby/dl, given that win32 users often do not
own a compiler toolchain ?

Daniel Berger

scritto::

nice thanks for this.
Just a little request: would it be possible to provide some compiled
version for win32-utils ?

And, why did you choose to use c extensions ?
Would'nt be better to use ruby/dl, given that win32 users often do not
own a compiler toolchain ?

For starters I don't know ruby/dl yet. :) Actually, Shashank is
working on a one-click installer for Windows using the install shield
which is slick. Once that's done, it'll be a non-issue.

Also, MS has released their free compiler & linker, so that's another
option for you.

Regards,

Dan

Shashank Date

Daniel Berger said:
For starters I don't know ruby/dl yet. :) Actually, Shashank is
working on a one-click installer for Windows using the install shield
which is slick. Once that's done, it'll be a non-issue.

I will put one out as soon as we get some testing done.
In a day or two ...

gabriele renzi

il Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:11:39 -0500, "Shashank Date"
I will put one out as soon as we get some testing done.
In a day or two ...

well, thanks both :)
I still believe pure ruby is better than C, but It's really
pleasant to see people working hard on this things, and be ready to
answer :)

Lothar Scholz

Hello Shashank,

Saturday, April 24, 2004, 10:14:04 PM, you wrote:

SD> I will put one out as soon as we get some testing done.
SD> In a day or two ...

Is this a an installer that only installs your win32 extensions, or a
complete ruby environment ? But in both cases we should discuss a way to
find the installed ruby directory and version.

Daniel Berger

Lothar Scholz said:
Hello Shashank,

Saturday, April 24, 2004, 10:14:04 PM, you wrote:

SD> I will put one out as soon as we get some testing done.
SD> In a day or two ...

Is this a an installer that only installs your win32 extensions, or a
complete ruby environment ? But in both cases we should discuss a way to
find the installed ruby directory and version.

Only our Win32 extensions. As for the installed ruby directory and
version, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Please consider signing
up on the mailing list or posting somewhere on the project site. :)

Regards,

Dan

Shashank Date

Hi Lothar,

Lothar Scholz said:
But in both cases we should discuss a way to
find the installed ruby directory and version.

I am just as confused as Dan on this one. The installer has a dialog
box where the user can modify the default installed ruby directory
which is:

c:\ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\i386-msvcrt\win32

Is that what you are wanting to know?

Anyway, I have the first version ready ... which is still being tested.
If anybody is willing to give it a try please let me know.

Thanks,
-- shanko