[ann] WIN32GUI v1.6.3 released

Discussion in 'C++' started by jtorjo@yahoo.com, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. Guest

    WIN32GUI v1.6.3 has been released.

    Win32GUI is a FREE generic library for GUI programming
    on the Windows platform, developed in parallel
    to "Win32 GUI Generics" column in C/C++ Users Journal.

    It is portable, and currently can be compiled with gcc3.3+, vc7.1,
    como 4.3.4+ and vc8.

    In this version:
    - Lots of new docs, and finally, the Resource Splitter,
    which makes programming much easier,
    and type-safe at the same time!
    You can now access controls on a dialog, somewhat similar to VB:
    // m_dirs is a tree control
    // find the top-most parent of a certain item
    HTREEITEM cur = m_dirs->sel(), parent = 0;
    while ( cur != 0)
    parent = cur, cur = m_dirs->parent_item(cur);

    handle_event on_dirs_change() {
    HTREEITEM sel = m_dirs->sel();
    // ...
    return
    event_ex<m_dirs_::ev::sel_change>().HANDLED_BY(&me::eek:n_dirs_change);
    }

    - Finally, the Resource Splitter brings
    a new Event system , much easier to use,
    which is the beginning of platform-independent events!
    You can read about this online (http://www.torjo.com/win32gui/doc/),
    or by downloading win32gui + its documentation.
    - New section, online articles: http://www.torjo.com/win32gui/articles/

    Other Features:
    * (v1.5+) tooltips, bitmap buttons, hyper links, lite HTML class
    * thread-safe
    * (v1.4+) save_dlg - true binding of your data to UI controls
    * very easy to subclass controls/dialogs and deal with windows
    generically
    * GUI RAII
    * revolutionary simple event handling (no message maps)
    * thin yet powerful wrappers over all standard controls
    (button,edit,...toolbar,rebar,etc.)
    * 40+ examples and counting!

    Best,
    John

    --
    John Torjo, Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
    -- "Win32 GUI Generics" -- generics & GUI do mix, after all

  2. matthias_k Guest

    wrote:
    > WIN32GUI v1.6.3 has been released.
    >
    > Win32GUI is a FREE generic library for GUI programming
    > on the Windows platform, developed in parallel
    > to "Win32 GUI Generics" column in C/C++ Users Journal.
    >
    > It is portable, and currently can be compiled with gcc3.3+, vc7.1,
    > como 4.3.4+ and vc8.
    >
    > In this version:
    > - Lots of new docs, and finally, the Resource Splitter,
    > which makes programming much easier,
    > and type-safe at the same time!
    > You can now access controls on a dialog, somewhat similar to VB:
    > // m_dirs is a tree control
    > // find the top-most parent of a certain item
    > HTREEITEM cur = m_dirs->sel(), parent = 0;
    > while ( cur != 0)
    > parent = cur, cur = m_dirs->parent_item(cur);
    >
    > handle_event on_dirs_change() {
    > HTREEITEM sel = m_dirs->sel();
    > // ...
    > return
    > event_ex<m_dirs_::ev::sel_change>().HANDLED_BY(&me::eek:n_dirs_change);
    > }
    >
    > - Finally, the Resource Splitter brings
    > a new Event system , much easier to use,
    > which is the beginning of platform-independent events!
    > You can read about this online (http://www.torjo.com/win32gui/doc/),
    > or by downloading win32gui + its documentation.
    > - New section, online articles: http://www.torjo.com/win32gui/articles/
    >
    > Other Features:
    > * (v1.5+) tooltips, bitmap buttons, hyper links, lite HTML class
    > * thread-safe
    > * (v1.4+) save_dlg - true binding of your data to UI controls
    > * very easy to subclass controls/dialogs and deal with windows
    > generically
    > * GUI RAII
    > * revolutionary simple event handling (no message maps)
    > * thin yet powerful wrappers over all standard controls
    > (button,edit,...toolbar,rebar,etc.)
    > * 40+ examples and counting!
    >
    > Best,
    > John
    >

    > --
    > John Torjo, Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
    > -- "Win32 GUI Generics" -- generics & GUI do mix, after all
    > -- http://www.torjo.com/win32gui/
    > -- http://www.torjo.com/cb/ - Click, Build, Run!

    Sounds great, thanks John.

    Regards,