[ANN] Workshop on Scripting for the Semantic Web

James G. Britt

I just came across this via Lambda the Ultimate, and thought it was
worth a mention here.

Workshop on Scripting for the Semantic Web

Colocated with ESWC 2005
May 30, 2005
Heraklion, Greece

Large parts of the current Web rely on scripting languages such as
Python, PHP, Perl, JavaScript, ASP, JSP, ActionScript, Ruby and
ColdFusion. These languages are the tools of a generation of web
programmers who use them to quickly create server-side and client-side
web applications. Support for scripting languages is widely deployed
within the current web infrastructure: PHP for example is installed on
16 million domains. It is therefore likely that scripting languages
will also play a crucial role in the Semantic Web gaining critical
mass.

Scripting languages are lightweight and easy to learn, but on the
other hand mature enough to be used within complex applications, as
the Mozilla, Zope and CWM projects show. Many deployed Semantic Web
applications, for example in the FOAF and RSS communities, are already
using these languages and it is likely that the process of RDF-izing
existing database-backed websites, wikis, weblogs and CMS will largely
rely on scripting languages.

The workshop aims to bring together for the first time developers of
the RDF base infrastructure for scripting languages with practitioners
building applications using these languages. The goal of the workshop
is to give an overview of the current support for Semantic Web
technologies within scripting languages, to showcase innovative
Semantic Web applications relying on these languages.

We seek two kinds of papers: full papers that and short papers. Full
papers not exceed ten pages in length. Short papers are expected to be
four to six pages. Both full papers and short papers will be presented
at the workshop and included into the workshop proceedings. Papers
from both categories will be peer-reviewed by three independent
reviewers.

http://www.semanticscripting.org/SFSW2005/

James Britt

James G. Britt

Ah, I now see this was already posted here.

Well, the fastest path to insight is the "Send" button.

Sorry for the duplication

James