[ANN] WSO2 Web Services Framework For Ruby (WSF/Ruby) - 1.1.0Released

Dimuthu

WSO2 Web Services Framework For Ruby (WSF/Ruby) - 1.1.0 Released
WSO2 WSF/Ruby team is pleased to announce the release of WSO2 WSF/Ruby
1.1.0.

WSF/Ruby is the Ruby language extension to WSO2 WSF/C. This enables
you
to consume/provide Web Services both with REST and with the power of
WS-* stack including WS-Reliable Messaging, WS-Security, WS-Addressing
and MTOM Attachments.

For more information, please visit our project home page,
http://wso2.org/projects/wsf/ruby

You can download this release from: http://wso2.org/downloads/wsf/ruby

Key Features
============
1. Client API to consume Web services

* WSMessage class to handle message level options
* WSClient class with both one way and two way service
invocation
support

2. Service API to provide Web services

* WSMessage class to handle message level options
* WSService class with support for both one way and two way
operations

3. Attachments with MTOM

* Binary optimized
* Non-optimized (Base64 encoded)

4. WS-Addressing

* Version 1.0
* Submission

5. WS-Security
* UsernameToken and Timestamp
* Encryption
* Signing
* WS-SecurityPolicy based configuration

6. WS-Reliable Messaging
* Single channel two way reliable messaging

7. WSDL mode support for both client and server side
* WS-Addressing and WS-SecurityPolicy is supported in WSDL mode

8. REST Support
* Expose a single service script both as SOAP and REST service

Major Changes Since Last Release
================================
o WSDL mode support for both client and server side
* WS-Addressing and WS-SecurityPolicy is supported in WSDL mode

Dependencies
1. The provider implementation uses Rails framework as the deployment
model.
Therefore in order to use provider implementation, you should have
Rails
installed on your machine. Please visit http://www.rubyonrails.org/
to find out more about RoR(Ruby on Rails).

Reporting Problems

Thank you for your interest in WSO2 WSF/Ruby.

- WSO2 WSF/Ruby Team